Welcome to the forum

Inter Club 10 Mile TT - 24/4/16 - Results

edited April 2016 in Time Trial
Nothing official yet but sounds like most had really good rides. Bad luck Andrew R who punctured but I understand managed to finish.

Some photos here on what looks like a pretty busy road.

I will post full results as soon I have them.

Comments

• Good times at Clophill yesterday. 90 riders. Weather overall kind. The A507 busy but not terrible at that time of day and drivers kind and forgiving on the whole.

The course itself largely super flat but exposed in areas. Good camaraderie and shouts of support among CCA riders. What's not to like? I encourage everyone to give the Interclubs a go. I'm just sticking £30 bars on my road bike for a vague sense of speed: no pointy helmets required! And it's nice to compete against yerself and to help in whatever way to the overall Club score.

Great selection of cakes and banter in the HQ, and comprehensive marshalling on the course roundabouts by the IRC. But it unfortunately looks like there was a bit of a time keeping malfunction: unsurprising with the course buzzing with riders doing two laps. I'm unsure me and MC will get an official time, and Janet's time had to be wrong. Fingers crossed it gets sorted.

Unlucky to see Andrew R cross the line with a puncture. Great result for Will: I think 2nd place.

Next one in June.
  • VeloToze ... They are one of those things that ONLY work if you follow the instructions:

-- Store them in a plastic tub or freezer bag with plenty baby powder. (I do this with all my other latex clothing too ... Oh ... maybe I shouldn't have that)
    -- With shoes OFF, put foot all the way through the cleat hole and pull whole cover up to ankle.
    -- Put on shoes.
    -- Pull down over shoe and it's easy peasy.
    -- Brush off baby powder.

Here is a nifty video from the dudes at Sigma Sport ...
  • Hi, it was good to watch & took some (awful) photos.

Janet's time was corrected to 27 min 40 something which we thought was 10 secs slower than Garmin but after a week in mallorca I think she was pleased with 3rd female (on a bike I've screwed up the front mech trying to upgrade to Di2).
  • My recorded time was about 10 seconds slower than what my Garmin had, such is life. I don't think it helped that the timekeeper was having a wee behind his car when I rode past the finish line and shouted my number...