Welcome to the forum

Cam Woolsey in UCI event

edited April 2016 in General
Youth section graduate Cam Woolsey rode the UCI registered CiCLE Classic yesterday which was won by JLT Condor's Conor Dunne. He only got the call up from his team Spirit Bikes, the day before due to another team member being injured.

Cam was pulled out after 98 of the 111 miles which was a fantastic effort. The race featured all the top UK based teams and a few continental teams as well. The event is based round Rutland/Melton and features gravel road sections especially round the village of Owston where large crowds gather.

He rode the Junior version a couple of years ago with Theo Doncaster but this was a huge step up.

Well done Cam!

Comments

• stunning progress for Cam. he has been constant in his drive and ambition from the start and is reaping those rewards now. If you still read this forum Cam well done. Proud to have seen you get this far. Great that you keep in touch with them all Mark...much praise due to you for the help you gave all the lads.
  • Joe and I went to watch this race and when I saw Spirit were racing I looked out for Cam thinking he may have been riding. We gave him a few cheers as he passed us, even if he didn't know who was cheering him along. The race passes through the village of Owston several times and Cam was right up in the chasing bunch on one of the occasions, chasing down a lone break.

A great race to go and watch as you see the racing at least 6 times in Owston and the race is usually well split up along the gravel sectors. Free parking and a BBQ at the village hall, what more could you want.
  • Yep, that's the race face I remember. Go Cam!
  • CCA homegrown star rider! Awesome Cam.
  • Impressive indeed. But so too was his time on last week's CCA ten TT on conventional bars. Well done Cam.