Welcome to the forum

Essex Roads RR

edited April 2016 in Road Racing
Another good race for the CCA 3rd cats this weekend!

Adam Swan got up there for a 6th place finish, which is exceptional in his first proper road race (after dropping his chain at the Primavera in the neutralised zone, having to stop and not managing to get back on for an hour or so on his own before coming back to the HQ for a cuppa). I'd predict that this is the first of some good results on the road for Adam this season.

Tom King coming in 11th just outside the points, frustrating but good to see he's still getting up there in his first season on the road, smashing effort!

Tom Trimble looks like he crept in on Tom King's wheel after spending most of the race trying to get away, now a marked man after his Primavera victory. 12th place for him this week.

If anybody who rode it wants to stick a report of how it panned out on here I'm sure there are people interested to hear what went on. Only 27 finishers from a full field, sounds like a tough race!

Comments

• Thanks Will.

Good day out for CCA. It was a great morning out. Cold and fast. Four laps of a circuit with one notable hill. Tom Trimble was a marked man from the off. He tried endlessly to get away but whatever he did, other riders were determined to not let him repeat his Primavera success. His injections of pace absolutely tore the field apart, hence why only 27 finished.

There was only one notable hill on the circuit and I knew on the last lap, whoever got onto the hill at the front would place. So some fairly aggressive riding got me second wheel and I hung on for sixth whilst five 40kg 17 year olds got in front of me.

Can't wait for the next RR. More to follow hopefully, and no repeating of dropping my chain on the first hill..! Wally.
  • Well done all and keep the reports coming, its great to hear what everyones been upto. Cheers.