Welcome to the forum

MK bowl midweek crits

edited April 2016 in Road Racing
Neil Murphy's showing some steam train like form at the moment, managing first of all to get 7th place in a 2/3/4 crit on Wednesday afternoon up at the bowl and then following it up by staying away from the bunch with one other in an attempt to chase down a 5 man break at the E/1/2/3 on Thursday night to pick up another 7th place.

I think there were other CCA riders in the races so if anybody wants to write up a report, feel free. It'd be good to hear how everybody went.

Comments

• Cracking stuff, Neil!
  • Yep Will. I've been there for the past three weeks in the 3rd Cat race and will be there this coming Thursday, as will Lil in the women's E1234.

Racing has been fast each week. I've not had any points there yet but I'm learning how to place. Been trying continuously to get away but very few people seem to want to try and force a break. The sprints are hectic but so much fun!!!! Been 15th ish last two weeks so very much hoping to get top 10 from now on. Pretty sure I've mastered the positioning needed to place.

Great fun down there. Local. Superb atmosphere. Friendly. And only £8 for over an hours hard, hard racing. Anyone who wants to car share, give me a buzz. Adam.
  • And Neil managed to stay true to form by picking up yet another 7th place on Saturday in the E123...
  • Been unable to post recently as forum was down, but feel it worth mentioning that a continued CCA presence at the Bowl remains on a Thursday. Neil is flying and I'm egging there. Results are creeping up, 12th two weeks ago, get my positioning sorted and hopefully turn my effort into some more points.

However, Lillie and Jenny came down two weeks ago for their first MK Crits. The women's race is hard, harder than the men's really has it's a 1,2,3,4 Cat. No easy riding there. Both girls did very well on a super fast night. Lil managed to get herself into the break that stayed away for the whole race. She was pleased with fourth. (I'll get her sprinting on the drops one day for another win)!

As always, be great to see CCA people there. Lovely venue to start Crits of anyone fancies it. Separate 4th Cat race if you're new and the circuit varies each week. And it's only £8!!