Welcome to the forum

Adult Road skills training session

edited May 2016 in General
There was some interest shown at yesterday's club night for a skills session for Adults. This could be held at Hog Hill (east London) possibly on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

I reckon a 3 hour session finished off with a 1/2 hour race to practice the skills would do the trick. We will need 15 - 20 riders to make it worthwhile. We would cover group riding skills, group formations, pace judgement and perhaps some cornering and sprinting for fun.

I'll try and find a couple of potential dates and create a doodle poll.

Mark.

Comments

• I would be interested probably a Sat p.m. would be best for me.
  • Right, it's tricky to match up the circuit availability and my calendar but I can do Sunday 5th June, 2 - 5pm at Hog Hill (Redbridge Cycling Centre). Sorry, it's the only date available in the next coupe of months. The venue is about 70 minutes from Ashwell.

I will try and rope in an ex pro or semi pro rider to help out.

The cost will be about £10 per person and we will need 15 to make it worthwhile. More than that and we can reduce the cost a bit. Friends from other clubs will be welcome but I will need a second coach if we go over 20 people.

Riders will need to be aged at least 12 for safety so we are not mixing big and little people. However younger riders can have fun on the BMX track or MTB circuit. There are bikes for hire.

Sign up below and I will review numbers and make a decision in a couple of weeks.
  • Interested, but Sunday 5th June is the date of the Tour of Cambridgeshire Gran Fondo, so quite a few, including myself, won't be around.
  • Also doing tour of Cambs so could not do 5/6
  • Mark,
    Thanks for this initiative. I think it is a really good idea and recommend to all adult riders to do this session. Even if you are a proficient cyclist this is a chance to improve your bike handling skills.
    Daniel
  • I would be interested but like others will be at ToC
  • Ok to 5th June is not going to work. No other dates available at Hog Hill so trying Lee Valley Velopark for 18th June and 2nd July.

Cost might be prohibitive but will let you know. I will ask the committee if the club can sub it a bit.

Mark.
  • In Italy on 2nd July but sign me up if on the 18th June
  • LVVP is available on the 2nd July but not the 18th June. The cost will be about £200 for half the circuit for 3 hours.

So we definitely need about 15 people to make it work.

Mark.
  • Thanks for organising this Mark, but unfortunately we're on holiday so won't be able to join you this time. If it's anything like your previous session at the car park in Stevenage though, I would recommend it to anyone who does group riding with the club. It was an excellent chance to gain confidence riding closely with others and how to communicate with those around you. It was brilliant fun too!
  • Hi, Myself and Janet would be interested in this. On the 18th June, we can make first thing (have to leave at 12.30) or 2nd July is free for us

Gareth
  • Just 2nd July as above. It would be 2 - 5pm.
  • This isn't going to happen due to lack of interest.