Welcome to the forum

The forum is back

Hi all
The forum is back. We've had to update it: so it all looks a bit unfamiliar. But we will get used to it quickly enough. And it's more secure, responsive/mobile friendly, more stable etc etc. Apologies for the long delay getting it back. It took a long time to work out what went wrong, and then a long time to implement the update.

The good news is we are taking more control over the server, so able to fix any future issues quicker.

I'm sure people will find issues here and there, as there's been a 10 year gap in between the update, some things will likely have gone awry. But - crucially - we have our way of communicating and keeping up to date on Club stuff back. Phew.

thanks

Martin

Comments

• Arrrgh, my eyes!!

Well done Martin
  • Yeh. We will get used to it. And I'll look to make it more familiar too.

Working out things on the go here...

'Whispers' are now replaced by an Inbox at the top of the forum. Works like an email account. Neatly: you can whisper multiple people and effectively have yer own snapchatlike private conversations between members.

Stickies are now called Announcements. They can be made sticky on the forum homepage and usefully and/or category page.
  • Well done Martin

Adding pictures same as before?
  • Adding pictures now super simple. Find your pic on the web - or put it on there eg on facebook - copy the image location [on a mac you hold 'ctrl' down and click on the pic to reveal 'copy image location'] - on the forum, click the little polaroid picture symbol next to the 'C' on the top of your comments box and paste in the image location. Simples.
  • Martin, Thanks for your work resusitating our old friend!