Welcome to the forum

thanks to cca rider from horse riders

Got this on email. Great to have local horse riders actually seeking us out to say thanks. Reflects well on the club. Thanks to whoever this rider was who made such a good impression.

"Through you, please could we pass on our thanks to the cyclist we met today (Saturday 7th may). My friend Debbie and I were riding our horses from Hinxworth towards Ashwell and we turned down Loves Lane; and came face to face (almost literally !) with a cyclist coming up to the main road. He was wearing "Ashwell CC" blue so I'm hoping he's a member. It would have been about 9.30. The chap asked us if we'd like him to stop. Luckily our horses are fine if the cyclist is coming towards us but it was great to be asked.

We ride a bay and a skewbald (a brown and a brown-and-white) and if you could pass on your thanks to the chap riding Loves Lane about 9.30 Saturday morning we'd appreciate it."

Comments

• Just goes to show all our actions (good or bad) are identifiable whilst wearing Ashwell blue.

Nice one!
  • It was me. Really nice to be appreciated.
  • Thanks Tom. When I replied she commented that she was very impressed with your ability to stop (trackstand presumably) on an uphill gradient. I think you are now legend amongst the local horse riders!
  • tomh is now legend. Well done chap. That was a nice email from the horse riders. Nice that they appreciate chclists slowing down and giving them space.
  • VicVic
    edited May 2016
    Having been on a ride a few months ago, when I witnessed Tom help recapture a runaway horse, that had unseated it's rider, and then proceed to help the lady remount her steed, he's more than a hero, he's the CCA Horse Whisperer!