Welcome to the forum

Saturday 14th May 9.30am club ride

Looks like somebody has turned off the sun for tomorrow, so dig out those long sleeves again !!

Northerly wind, so let's head into in and get a tailwind back....

Two options: Ashwell-Barrington-Barton-Madingley-Dry Draton-Gransden-Croyden-Ashwell (46 miles)

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/682462474

or Ashwell-Everton-Yelling-Waresly-Potton-Edworth-Ashwell (41 miles)

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/ashwell-everton-yelling-waresly-potton-e-route-37854812

Most votes in the morning wins! See ya tomorrow

Comments

• Hi Dave, I'll be there tomorrow to try & hang on.

Looking forward to completing my first club ride of 2016.

Gareth
  • "Dig out those long sleeves again.."? From what I remember David, they didn't get put away much even in the 'strong' Mallorca sun..! You might want to bring your full aero-parka today, see you in a bit!
  • Never cast a clout till May is out!

Aero Parker selected ;)
  • edited May 2016
    Great turnout for yesterday's Sat club ride despite the slightly bracing weather. Chapeau to the chaps and ladies who braved shorts - way too fresh for that !

No votes for the yelling ride, so headed off on the Madingly route. As expected it was a bit of a headwind slog all the way to the outskirts of Cambridge, so big thanks to the two Nat's for their long turns on the front.

The cunning plan of a tailwind assisted return didn't really happen, so more windswept roads all the way back to Ashwell. Still, had some great entertainment around Gransden with a very low flying arcrobatic ww2 plane to take our minds off the constant headwind !! A good windup canter for the 4 miles from Guilden and a late start in the sprint. No idea who won though - too far away to see the finish

So 48 miles @ a shade over 17 & a coffee in the Tuns to warm us up at the end! Good stuff team.
  • Nice to get out with the club for the first time since last October and for the friendly chat. It's been 6 months involving a number of operations so glad to get back out again. I apologise for not doing a turn on the front but it was about getting around. Hope to be riding again soon.

Gareth