Welcome to the forum

Braintree Velo Grass Track Endurance Meeting

Five CCA riders made the shortish journey to Essex for this new event on the grass track calendar. In only it's second year this event is different, in that all the events are endurance based with the unique Last Man Standing race closing the meeting.

An amazing performance by Mitchy saw him get 2nd in the overall omnium but showed his class by winning the aforementioned Last Man Standing. This is as the name suggests, riders race until the leader has lapped the whole field and is the last man standing (up to a maximum of 40 minutes plus 3 laps). Anyone who thinks 40 minutes plus 3 laps doesn't sound hard, it is on grass! Mitchy stayed in as the field was whittled down a very elite group consisting of an elite cat and the current 8km national champ, and after an enthralling game of attack and counter attack won the day. Oh and he also won the 8k scratch.

Archie Foulkes made it a CCA double in the Last Man Standing by winning the combined youth race. Joseph Hadsley who was the only rider in his category raced up well with the older riders.

Iain Foulkes and myself also raced in the senior omnium. I don't know our finishing positions but we had some close tussles all day with Iain prevailing over me by a single point.

Very well organised and highly recommended for next year.

Comments

• Great day's racing - well done Mitchy - epic race. Some pics below hopefully:
  • Loved it today, great event, great weather, great company.
  • Brilliant Mitchy, you must be fast becoming the big rider on the grass track endurance circuit. Well done to all.