Welcome to the forum

Saturday 21st May 9.30am club ride

Big green hills, valleys and close harmony singing for me this weekend, so can somebody volunteer to navigate tomorrow's club run.

Diolch yn fawr. See you next week.

Comments

• I can probably sort something out.

If we have 20+ riders again like last week, then I think we should split into 2 groups.

• I'll be out tomorrow and happy to navigate a second ride if needed. Good luck to all the Velothon-ers!
  • 14 out for a breezy jaunt – given the wind direction we decided on a southerly route through Sandon, Buntingford, Dane End and back with the wind through Walkern. We saw a higher than average number of horses around Sandon; it’s probably worth sayingthat horses are likely to be even more skittish than usual in the wind, so it’s good to be ready to stop completely if we need to. The average speed increased dramatically once we had the wind behind us, culminating in a flying sprint to the A505. Simon D took the long view for the sprint, despite a valiant effort from Dave N.

Final stats: 35 miles at 15.6, several cups of coffee back at the Tuns (and even a couple of cheeky pints!) Thanks all for the great riding and great company.