Welcome to the forum

Chain gang, 24th May 2016

I'll be loitering likely betwixt Steeple and Huffers 7.35pm, looking for the Ashwell riders leaving Tuns, 7.30pm.

Looks like two gangs, 20-22mph and 22mph+, if possible. Good forecast. Give it a go!

Comments

• See you there!
  • Should be out too, hopefully see you somewhere near Steeple.

Remember to be prepared to give way to oncoming traffic in Bassingbourn. Any half decent chaingang should be able to stop there. It just requires everyone to be ready to stop and the lead riders to call it early. Something to take pride in as much as being able to go fast.
  • Sorry, held up at work so can't make it this week. Enjoy.

(Ed in specks)
  • edited May 2016
    11-12 out on the 22mph+ gang. I think I saw 4-5 on the 20-22mph gang?

Nice and sunny, bit cold and strong easterly; giving us all high rankings on Strava for the bit from the old post office to the 'hill'. Matt P is now 2nd, out of 686. He's got a proper sprint on him. Yowch!

Nice to see Chris out. Super strong and domestiqued a couple of riders back on at one point. He's a hard wheel to stay on for sure! Chris: tap it back a bit in the slow lane for us mortals.

Smooth action, good calling out, safety first. Everyone giving it beanus maximus. Couldn't ask for more. Lots of considerate drivers out tonight.

Lap 1: 24.0mph
    Lap 2: 23.8mph
    Lap 3: 23.6mph

• Enjoyed that. Thanks Andrew lap 1 and Mike lap 2

21.6mph and 22.2mph

First time out for a while for Jackie who enjoyed the 3 up TTT
  • Thanks all and esp Chris for bringing me back. Consider it Help the Aged:) Seem to have lost the top end but am happy to maintain a constant effort. The turbo beckons!
  • Sounds like another good night. Unfortunately a school meeting dragged on and couldn't get back in time to do my pre-drilled superman change and dash routine to make the 7.35pm steeple start.