Welcome to the forum

Saturday TURBO sessions

edited January 2010 in Club runs
NO CYCLING ON THE ROADS THIS WEEKEND is the likely scenario.

SO________________________________ I have booked the School Main Hall/Gym 10-12noon SATURDAY

Hello All

In light of the inclement weather, and in order to keep you from going completely stir crazy, we are holding a group turbo/roller training session at the SCHOOL this Saturday from 10-12 AM. This session is for people who have their own turbo and want to train with a group.

Please bring your bike and your turbo trainers.

Andrew "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body" Skeen and Geoff "Weakness is Leaving my Body" Godschalk, will run the session, which will include warm ups, pedal stroke improvement drills, leg speed drills and some light winter intervals.

Be there or be square!

Thanks for this Andrew.............I am also bringing some rollers and my track bike just for entertainment...have to get the hang of it sometime I guess.

This should be fun and at least get some miles in the legs..better than freezing my fingers off.......

Comments

• What a great idea. See you there.
  • Maybe could also give this a try, after crosstraining and turbo session of course. http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/188111/870502
  • see you tomorrow then Andy...remember to bring some change this time...tsk...hahaha
  • hope to be there
  • 10 turned up and all had a good session....didn't fall off the rollers so up on the day......we could easily handle 20 on their turbo's in that hall so if weather is bad we will do it again on Saturdays.....if any are interested in a Sunday morning or Saturday afternoon while this bad weather persists let me know.........it costS £20 TO HIRE SO WE WILL ALWAYS NEED AT LEAST 10 TO COVER OUR COSTS AT £2 PER HEAD.
    Thanks to Andrew for leading it, and to everyone else for making it worthwhile.........
  • still nursing slightly torn muscle in calf.....not achilles tendon so relieved......can only spin at present SO....I cannot take rides at Stevenage or anywhere at present.............

I have booked the Main Gym Hall again at Ashwell School.......so if weather turns..or is very wet....or you just feel like company while riding rollers or your Turbo, then bring your bike and turbo's to the school..10am till 12 noon SATURDAY....if you don't have these but just want to stay fit then come and do some cross fit exercises..learn how to warm up and stretchproperly if you haven't done them before.......all good fun...