Welcome to the forum

Sunday Early Ely Dash

6.30 from Tuns tomorrow on an Ely round robin.. Martin working up route. Certainly picking up in Guilden.. Flat and Fast .

All welcome

Comments

• Hi mate, think i am going to try and get involved with some of these early rides over the summer. I have 3 young kids so early rides fit better with family commitments. I cant do tomorrow mainly because i am getting on the beer tonight! I have put a post up for monday if any of you guys can get a pass!?
  • edited May 2016
    The route is always going to be 75-80 miles however you do it. But, it'll be fast (flat).

Here's an idea for a route. Has anyone ever cycled over the Ouse at Aldreth before? It'd be 2 miles off-road. Lunacy or adventure? I'm up for it anyway. It'll take off 4-5 miles or so.

https://www.bikemap.net/en/route/3564987-ashwell-ely-ashwell/

Maybe we tap along in a TTT styley?
  • I was thinking of popping along if I don't get in too late tonight... Probably wouldn't be off roading though. I only really go in straight lines.
  • OK then. Route edited to avoid off-road. 81 now. And going thru Guilden.

imagehttps://www.bikemap.net/en/route/3564987-ashwell-ely-ashwell/
  • This is sounding like a hard ride.
    80 miles? Fast yikes.
    See you tomorrow.
  • Only just got back, but later than I thought so going to head out a bit later on. Have fun! Sounds like a good day for it.
  • Got young kids? Find talking a chore? Come join the early morning rides when in TTT mode. You'll be back in time for just a mild scolding, and when flat-out in single file there's none of that club run banter malarkey....

Good fun in the fens with Jess n' Vince. Single file all the way. 3 Strava top tens. Not much idling. It was only us at Ely Cathedral at 8.30am, the ducks and Saturday night's beer bottles and detritus. 75m @ 20.1mph av.

Good decision to avoid the bridleway: the A-road wasn't too busy and the surface continentally smooth.
  • speaking is cheating! i have never gone so fast for so long... Great work Martin & Vince..how are you by the way... never got a chance to ask
  • That was a really good ride. Jez you rode really well. Way out was quite sustained. Martin is all over it at the moment. I am not sure I would have sustained a really fast return pace but great average speed for an early morning sortie.
  • Anyone around early Sun AM for another bash at this ride? 6:30 start?