Welcome to the forum

Pre-Pearl Izumi Tour Testers needed in Stevenage on Monday 6th June

Come on Ladies and Gents, 30 junior and 20 adult testers needed to do the shortest time trial ever before the Pearl Izumi Tour crits next Monday evening in Stevenage Old Town (the beautiful part!)– the course is basically two straights and two tight but quite manageable bends at either end of the Old Town High Street (all closed roads, crowds, tv coverage (maybe not of the time trials!), pubs, restaurants, etc, etc.) – I tried it out on Sunday and its exactly half a mile, pan-flat and it took all of about 1minute 40 seconds, so won’t eat into your evening too much – then join us for a drink afterwards whilst watching the cream of British racing.

I bumped into a colleague who’s organising the evening, and they’re a bit thin on the ground so far, so there are still spaces available – I think the timing has been a bit unfortunate being both a week day and straight after the Tour of Cambridgeshire. Stevenage CC are organising the TT, but if you PM me your email address I’ll send you more details. Bookings need to be made by end of play Friday, and you will need to pick up your number by 4.15pm on Monday evening. TT bikes (or pointy hats) probably not necessary – unless you’re very confident at cornering fast; I’m doing it on the road bike. 4.30pm Juniors 5.00pm Adults (No cost).

For those not riding, we’ll probably watch the racing from the front of the Marquis of Lorne pub at the Southern end of the High Street, as we’ve not all managed to blag corporate passes for the VIP area (yet.) – feel free to join us!

Cheers,
Dave W.