Welcome to the forum

Club 10 results - 01.06.16

Just the two hardy riders braving the wind and rain tonight for the club 10. A massive well done for fighting through the wind to get very respectable times by your own pbs. Times below - I'll leave James to work his handicap magic to see who gets top points.

Dave W - 25:20
Harley - 29:01

A big thank you to tonight's many helpers - it wasn't pretty but at least it was brief!

Comments

• Well done the dynamic duo - may be a while before james works out points as he's still not back from his 12 training run down to the cotswolds with Jeremy - just sent me a glympse from Ireland (hopelessly lost) or may be refueling at the Black Horse ...
  • well done helpers and very tough riders on keeping it going in the face of this unbelieveably bad weather.
  • Thank very much to all the marshalls, timekeepers, sign-placers and tea-makers; it felt very decadent to have a dedicated staff for such a small field, and in such atrocious conditions, but I guess it meant people's time travelling up/down wasn't entirely wasted...

Appalling weather; I'd like to say I enjoyed it, but I'd be lying! Not helped by having made the schoolboy error of forgetting to take my disk off the bike before I left home- twas a bit sketchy at times in the gentle breeze...
  • Well done to all helpers and riders alike and hopefully good to have somewhere reasonably warm and certainly dry for a cup of tea and chat.

Dave (handicap winner from 2 years ago) took the points from Harley by just over 30 seconds.

Both have shot up the table which currently has the top 3 as

Tim Allen
    Simon Morris
    Brendan Ronayne

Let's hope the weather improves for next week - see you there.