Welcome to the forum

E2/25 records

I'm trying and struggling to find a full result but understand that Alex Dowsett smashed the 25 record with a 44.29.
More importantly someone told me Justin was third with a 48??
Anyone got more info?

Comments

• Write up in cycling weekly here:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/british-racing/alex-dowsett-breaks-british-25-mile-time-trial-record-sub-45-minute-ride-231170

Dowsett averaged 33.7mph (54.2kmph) on the A14 Newmarket bypass to become the first rider to break the 45 minute barrier for the distance.

Colin Ward (Essex Roads CC) was second, clocking 47-45, with Justin Layne (CC Ashwell) third with 48-49. Julia Freeman (Easterly RC) was fastest woman with 55-57.

• Ah thanks. Fantastic rides from Justin and Andy Whale also in the top 10. Langlands on fire too.
  • It's always cool when Dowsett rides as it lifts the event so much. He was off 3 minutes behind me so I knew he would catch me I was just hoping it would be after the drag up to the A14 so I could try and keep him in sight.
    We had a chat lining up for the start, he seemed pretty chilled out. He passed me a couple of miles before the A14 up one of the drags, as you'd expect powerful and smooth. I was working out what time he was likely to get from my avg speed and how far we had left. "That's going to be 44:30" I was thinking.

I've had a load of problems this season and it looks like I'm starting to get them sorted so this was a nice solid result.