Welcome to the forum

Chain Gang, 7 June 2016 - Bassingbourn Road

edited June 2016 in Chain gangs
Just to let people know the entire length of Bassingbourn road has been butchered/stone dressed so is very very loose outside of the tire marks (and still pretty bad in them) This is all the way from the turn off the 1198 to the exit at Littlington. Not sure what the chain-gangers want to do tomorrow, neutralize this bit or use a different route.....

Comments

• I think the safer thing to do is stick to the familiar route but just neutralise it, tootle through, and forget about setting strava records for the course [25.1mph FYI]. The chocolate sprinkles don't go up the 'church road'/Memphis Belle pub road do they?

May be a good chance to give the Chain Gang a try? A Bassingbourn breather half way around.

Now then. It's the Club AGM at the Tuns 8pm and I don't want to be late. So I will be setting off from Steeple Morden 7.05pm for an early lap. 21.5mph average will return us to Steeple Morden at 7.30pm to pick up any others leaving Ashwell.

Fancy it? See you at Steeple 7.05pm.

My other thought is to Chain the Club 10 TT route.
  • I will be there. Not sure if I can hold on! Neutralised sounds good ;) I rode pretty fast through there yesterday, it wasn't bad really except the corner which I didn't risk
  • Great. Apparently, it is just the 200m stretch from the Village College to the Church road turn. We'll just take it very easy.

Hope to see you for the early one Nat. Hold on?? You're flying!
  • edited June 2016
    EDIT going for a run instead, I only have one kit and want to do the clubrun tomorrow in dry kit! Cya @ 8 ish
  • Hoping to do this tonight. Happy with either of Martin's ideas but think the TT route is noit without issues.
  • will try but not sure I will get away in time. my suggestion would be a nice ride out into the country but at a fair clip, sticking together but no slouchers.
    I would suggest heading up to potton, gamblingay, sandy. this sort of ride is really enjoyable. you can still get a bit of a through and off but it is controlled and a bit pacey.
    much more fun than picking up tar on your nice bike or doing a shorter route and avoids main traffic.
    Alternatively head out to Cambridge and back via born and then keep going across to gamblingay for some wider roads.
    perhaps this is for another day as it all sounds a bit tight for getting to an 8pm AGM.

Stick to Martin's plan for tonight but think about this for another time.
    otherwise I may do this on another day if interested.
  • Let's stick to the original Chain route.
    Neutral 200m or so: no bother.
    See ya in a bit.
  • Apologies. Started our journey out and drove into rain at Duxford. Looked pretty grim towards Ashwell so bailed :-(
  • Sorry. Last minute bail too. The Lightning putting me off. Sorry.
  • Thought we may have seen some flashes in the distance. Martin you need to change your little picture icon