Welcome to the forum

Saturday 11th June 9.30am club ride

edited June 2016 in Club runs
Let's continue with the TOC theme and do a flat one tomorrow

So how about a reverse of the Madingly route, so Gamlingay, Longstowe, toft, Barton, up Barrington the hard way, and back in via Bassingbourn

See you in morning

Comments

• Sounds good. Hopefully that doesn't also mean no stopping and an average of 20 mph+...!
  • Depends who's on the front............ ;)
  • I'll be attempting to save some of my legs for the interclub on sun so will turn back at Gamlingay and return via Hatley, Croydon hill and Shingay if anyone wants a shorter ride at standard Saturday pace.
  • Another good turnout this morning for the reverse Madingley jaunt. Strong pace from the off, with a start through Wrestlingworth and Gamlingay. After we left Emma and Jeremy at the Hatley turnoff it was an excellent sweeping drive all the way down to Toft. Thanks to Jim we managed to avoid the chipping fairy by going out to Harwick and back up to dry Drayton, Madingley and over Barrington the hard way

A lively pace was set from top of the hill and it was a flat 'n' fast blast all the way back to to Ashwell, helped by trying to chase down the 8am group that passed us just near shepreth (we almost caught you !)

So bang on 50 miles @ 18.1

Cheers all for a great ride this morning, enjoyed that even with my forgetting which was my left or right !! Oh and huge thanks to Nathaniel and PeteW for their epic turns on the front

See you next week for the 5 peaks/counties madness :)