Welcome to the forum

Hampshire Hilly Hundred

edited January 2010 in Sportives
Is anybody likely to fancy this one? Looks like a good one.

http://www.sportivecycling.org.uk/index.htm

Comments

• i'm tempted... does look like very good etape preparation
    will let you know

also will be aiming for this one again assuming its on in 2010
    http://www.whiterosechallenge.co.uk/
    last year it was the last weekend in june, and was an excellent ride, 115 miles, 12500 feet of climbing.
  • I like the look of this one too. I'm up for it. Don't think training miles are up to much lately though.
  • ive signed up for the hampshire hilly 100 miler. looks a good ride,
    and i vaguely remember reading some good reviews of this ride in a cycle mag last year.

will keep an eye out for when entry to the yorkshire ride opens.
  • Stef, didn't realise that entries for this closed so early (1st March). Anyway, I emailed the admin team and a 'very' nice man got me on the reserved list and I managed to get a place today. Phew!
    So that's it I'm in, to make an odd 3 for the team.
  • Well done Pete, seems like every sportive is selling out in advance these days. should be a breeze for you after your cheshire cat and london phoenix achievements. reading the forum both sound like great rides from the cca team. whereas i now need to lose the pounds i put on last week eating too much cheese, potatoes and cream skiing. sure as a team of 3 we can still give it some welly.
  • Hi all, im doing HHH maybe see you there
  • Stef, I'm on 07889 209590 to arrange transport/pick up prior to the day.
    Stuart, Thanks for the number, we'll be in touch.

Thanks guys. Peter.
  • Pete / Stuart, my number is 07749 801619
    Cheers
    Stef
  • Hi Steff
    which one is full?
    am doing the sussex sunrise 9th may and evans king of the downs 23rd may and brands hatch july 10th

why not try to get some people together?

lorries permitting!
  • Just to let you know I have contacted all Sportive organisers to reject any CCA entries for events on the 23rd May.
    If you can ride a sportive on this day, you can in fact marshall for YOUR club road race event on that date.

I look forward to having all your names as volunteers ASAP, and seeing you bright and early to help with sign setting out ;)
    You will of course be excused marshalling duties once I see your name on the start sheet for the race!!!!!!

for further info please see this youtube link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5CJXvWXkK8

cheers Trahern
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Chris.

Do you mean the Suffolk Sunrise on May 9th ?

I was thinking of doing that one. Looks a good 100 miler with plenty of variety.
  • yea man! get on it. its still open! yes i meant suffolk. doh. would be good to get a few out there eh?
  • hi chris, think both the hampshire and chiltern rides are full, but may have waiting lists.
    neither of these rides are on the 23rd may when the primavera is, though i believe that is
    also full with a waiting list.
    reading between the lines i think trahern may be hinting the club would appreciate some help
    with the race on the day...
    sadly i am in yorkshire for the weekend (booked before the race was moved from the previous w/e)
    and cant make it.
    brands hatch july 10 sounds interesting .,.. will check it out
  • soz meant king of the downs on 23rd whichi had booked way back too. brands hatch will be a blast i reckon