Welcome to the forum

Chain Gang, 14 June 2016

I hope the weather holds up. Looks like we might get a shower.

Leaving 7.30pm from Tuns, Ashwell.
Arriving Steeple Morden 7.35pm. I'll be there.

If the road is still a bit shazbat in Bassingbourn, let's neutralise the 200m or so. Sorted.

Comments

• Anyone up for a medio group?
  • Should be there!! will be good. Heavy rain is a no ;(
  • Afraid I will pass Peter unless the forecast weather changes significantly
  • Darn it. The forecast has gone downhill a bit. Will keep an eye on it as the day goes on and make a call late on.
  • Jackie and I won't be there on account of the forecast :-(
  • Aye, shame really. Went for a run instead!
  • It's absoflippinlutely chucking it down at the moment here in that London. But....

Forecast for now and through the evening in t'Mordens upgraded to dry, warm and light breeze. Floaty times.
  • With the revised forecast I might be out if I can wrap bar tape in time
  • heavy rain has now passed Stevenage and sun is now shining. But for how long........
  • ...For 3 laps.

Forecast now upgraded to sunsheeine.
  • Wondering what peoples' current thoughts are?
  • The weather is drunk, its all over the shop and has no idea what its doing. Very dark clouds here at the moment.
    50/50 for me tonight anyhow, struggling with my back.
  • edited June 2016
    I'll be there. But won't be up with recent pace so might just end up riding round on my tod anyway!
  • I know we are a few miles away but it is very grim here. Be safe all
  • ok it's a hell of a lot of effort for me to get over there for there not really to be a ride on, so I'm going to stay at home and eat bags of sainsburys' cookies instead. see some people tomorrow am!
  • Weather held off. Nice night really.
    4 out. Ran as TTT with me hanging on for a lap. Thanks for the ride chaps, that blew away some cobwebs.
    Looking forward to the stats from Martin.
    Should be out next week for a medio group (please)
  • Well... best conditions of the year? Warm, just a very light breeze, bone dry. That's June, folks.

Initially just me, Matt P, Pete T, and great to see Steve out too. We opted to TTT it. Held together nicely for lap 1.

Splintered to a 2-up of me and Matt for lap 2. Then praise be, Stef popped up to join in for lap 3.

We even had a warm-down lap 4. Thanks to Matt tonight for pushing the pace.

It's such a good ride of the week. It'd be great to see more out this summer. And with more riders: we'd do some serious Strava damage! Longest day next time. Longest chain...

Lap 1: 23.5mph
    Lap 2: 24.0mph
    Lap 3: 23.5mph
    Lap 4: 19mph