Welcome to the forum

Club and Inter Club 25 - Sunday 17th July - report and results

edited July 2016 in Time Trial
Booking is now available for the Inter Club 25 on 17th July organised by CCA.

The course is our local open 25 course (F14/25) (Wrestlingworth/Guilden Morden/Wendy/Arrington)

This is also the club 25 and there are cups for the fastest CCA (first claim) male and female on the day. Last year we had 18 riders in the field.

Click below to get booked in

BRCC event entry (IC 25)

In order to make a success of the morning, we will also need the following…..
5 marshals (likely to be finished by 11:30 at the latest)
2 timekeepers
2 pushers (likely to be finished by 10:30)
someone to assist with scoreboard duties
someone to do teas
cake donations.

Please post on here if you are available to help or email jamesmck@ccashwell.com or let any committee member know

Comments

• Happy to do timekeeping again James.

David
  • Sorry but we're away this weekend - so no racing or helping out.
  • we can provide cakes
  • Thank you David J, Tim D for agreeing to help with time keeping, and Emma and Fields for offers of food.

14 Ashwell riders currently down to ride which is great but we still need lots more assistance for organising this event.

It's only a few hours and you'll get a free cup of tea and biscuit/cake so please put your name forward and do your bit for your club - thanks.
  • edited July 2016
    Happy to help on the day.
    Let us know what time we need to be at the HQ
  • Felix has said he could push off if that helps - he will practice with his dad!
  • I hate to DNS but I can't make it this weekend after all- I can't see anywhere on the booking page to withdraw, but since CCA are organising can I register my withdrawal here...?
  • We have 95 entrants for this event.

Any extra cake/food donations would be brilliant - just bring along on the day.

Thanks
  • Eeek, 95! the way the course works they go through the finish 3 times and at the finish you dont know if the rider coming towards you is on the first, second, or third lap so an extra helper at the finish would be most welcome. Ta.
  • List of helpers to date

Tim D
    David J
    Felix F
    Adam C
    Jeremy P
    James D
    James M (after riding back at HQ)
    Mrs M (refreshments)
  • Chocolate and guinness cake made - should serve at least 12 :-)
  • Good show this morning James. Thanks to everybody that made this happen. A great morning for it but a bit windy on the Tadlow rd made for a bit of a slog back.

How did we do as a team?
  • Timekeeping that one was tough! lots of riders coming in together and not knowing if they were finishing or not made it very tricky. Plus riders not shouting their number or shouting the wrong number or no visible number. A bit stressful. Anyway, thanks to JD for his calm assistance.
  • Great effort CCA. I was grateful for the early start when the wind was a little less punchy. I see we didn't win: but 2nd place club and some great times.

Massive turnout overall: so big thanks to all the marshals and timekeepers for controlling it all really well. At its peak, it must have been like Piccadilly Circus near Wrestlingworth. The other clubs seemed impressed with our hosting.
  • Yes well done Tim and James that sounds manic
  • Great interclub yesterday, think that we all did CCA proud. Was indeed like Piccadilly circus near Wrestlingworth Martin, esp mid point when there were starters, second lappers, club rides and people out for a pootle all mixed up together !

HUGE thanks also to FelixF who did a brilliant job of pushing off 80+ riders. Superb effort !
  • edited July 2016
    Yes a fantastic morning if rather hot with 85 starters and just 4 dnf.

We managed to pull this off on somewhat of a Skeleton Staff of 8 (I note there were 18 helping to run the IC 30!). With a bit of doubling up here and there we managed admirably and I would like to thank everyone for a fantastic job.

Tim D, David J, James D - time keeping and reporting.
    Felix - pushing off (all 85)
    Jeremy P, Adam C - marshalling
    Mrs M - sign-on and catering

Simon Norman BRCC had an awesome ride and was fastest with 53:50 (he doesn't seem to be affected by the wind!). Jackie was fastest lady and wins the CCA Womens 25 Championship (1:00:53). Chris Potter wins the Mens title (1:00:45).

There were just 6 sub-hour rides and Beds Road easily won on the day with Ashwell just narrowly beating St Neots with 13 counting taking us to Travis as last counting rider.
    Very bad luck to Tom T who was unable to complete the course, hope you're feeling better.

IC 25 results

• not that a minute matters really (lol) but Chris and my times were 1:00:45 and 1:00:53 I think :-)
  • Massive thanks to everyone who organised and helped out yesterday - it wasn't a trivial task and the event went very well.

It was very windy on the Tadlow Rd and indeed a slog but I was pleased to complete my first 25 on the TT bike (not sure I want to repeat it in a hurry) and also take over a good few mins off any of my previous interclub 25 times :-)
  • Sorry about that Jackie, just wishful thinking that I wasn't so far behind!
  • edited July 2016
    Also many thanks for all the cake donations, there will be bumper treats on offer at the Wednesday 10s for the next few weeks.
  • To echo above, thanks all for the hosting, if you could sort the wind out for next year that would be great!