Welcome to the forum

Chain gang, 21 June 2016

A reminder folks to grab this dry, mild, warm evening by both drop handle bars. It's the first guaranteed one in the last four weeks!

Hopefully everyone will be happy, with a medio group aiming at 20-22mph. And another group a touch faster. Statistically, anyone able to do our Club 10 under 30 mins will do fine with the effects of drafting in a medio. Av a go!

Leaving Ashwell 7.30pm, starting out from Steeple Morden 7.35pm. See you there.

I'll see if my two new bezzy mates can join us and stick 'em on the front...

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Do you think they will be able to keep up?

Jackie and I hoping to join in for a lap and a half as we are riding out from home for a long loop
  • Will try and make it
    Need to earn a big plate of pasta!
  • Deffo out tonight.
    Love the Old School outfits from the Eroica.
  • Hoping to join, probably on lap 2. Fuelled or maybe weighed down by son's birthday cake...
  • Didn't earn that pasta! But nice smooth riding again nice one!
  • Thanks everyone we enjoyed that. We got 62 in the end with 18.5 average.
    The impatience of some car drivers never ceases to amaze.
  • Thanks all. Good group out tonight. Managed to hang on for 2 and a bit laps thanks to a few (well lots) missed turns and some wheel sucking glue. Then watched Martin, Vince and Nat disappear into the distance on a 3 man TTT as Stef and I slowly rolled into Bassingbourn.

• edited June 2016
    Good group out tonight. Stuck together really well. All enjoying the good weather. Pete rode a blinder, cannily riding in and out of the chain. Great to see Stuart and Jackie out for most of the action. Steve and Stef jumped on neatly mid ride. All good! Except one ropey driver in Steeple who didn't do himself proud.

Lap 1: 23.0mph
    Lap 2: 23.3mph
    Lap 3: 24.0mph

Vince and I saw the longest light out in the Pig for two quick pints.

Good stuff!
  • Great sky shot. What was the video like? Good skills while in the driving line :-)
  • thanks all, joined for lap 2 which was very disciplined and a good constant pace. then the birthday cake (mistake...) kicked in and i struggled to hold lap 3. thanks to all who worked hard to keep the group together, especially pete, martin and vince.
  • Thanks everyone for a good ride. Struggled to hold on a couple of times so grateful for the odd push and pacing back in. Group riding is not one of my strengths and it all seems quite frantic compared a TT but really enjoyed it and made for a really good work out for me. Can't quite believe I managed to negotiate obstacles, car drivers and other riders on the CG but then went over Stuarts wheel on the way home thanks to a peacock in the middle of the road!!

Jackie
  • Some prepeacock fun earlier on the chain gang

https://vid.me/wTGS
  • Sounds like a good one! I was out riding the route on the TT bike, you would have come past like a train, i'll be back in a couple of weeks once time trial focus scales back a bit!
  • Well done everyone, sounds like a good ride. Hope to be out again soon once ive seen the osteopath! Reckon i could have coped with lap 4 though!