Welcome to the forum

IC 30 Southill

This started yesterday at 8 on the 3 lap cct around Southill and Old Warden. Given the recent weather we were lucky only to have a few spots of rain during the race.

My first 30 so pleased to have done it. Difficult to say how we did as the results were messed up at the end and unfortunately we only managed to field 7 riders. Think Will got first?

Comments

• Results were only a minute out for anybody who rode after number 36. They accidentally sent out somebody when they should have been a DNS so everybody after 36 went a minute faster than the times up on the board. I'm pretty sure they'll sort that out though.

Shame we couldn't make the 8 riders needed to get a load of points for the interclub and have a score of 0 knocking around... Not that I understand the points system but realise that "zero" isn't as good as "many"...

I think I was fastest on the day. Justin pulled his hamstrings the day before, Tom's been off the bike for a bit and Simon Norman was on family duties I think. Also, Jim Moffatt rode a 50 the day before so wasn't feeling so fresh! Jackie rode a storming time, as per norm (even if the Garmin time was pretty different to the finish time on the board). Also Chris Potter put in a very fast time too. Lots of BRCC riders there and quite a lot in the top 20 too... We're going to have to pull it out of the bag at the remaining events to retain the title this year!

Saying that, I'm working on the morning of the interclub 25 which is a shame.
  • Hi Stuart, it was nice to chat with you & Jackie at the end.

I found it quite tough and it was my first time at this distance (well not without a run afterwards) so judging power was difficult also with quite a stop/start wet course with gravel.

Until the quick guys came inc I was very pleased with my 1:17, but then sank down the rankings.
  • Write up here and results here:

https://simdoyle.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/hncc-ic30-result-sheet-2016.pdf

Even with only 7 riders we still managed to win the event! Just showing how the club's TTers are doing so well at the moment. We're still a couple of hundred points back in the series standings though. Congrats to all that rode!
  • Thanks Will for doing this report, great times and an excellent result considering.
  • Thanks for posting this Will. Really pleased to have counted.

How many races left? Can we make up that deficit?
  • Absolutely no idea... Did you see Jackie got her sub 1:15 on the results sheet?
  • Yes she was happy with that
  • 8th out of 52 and 13 minutes ahead of the next woman? Sounds like Jackie...
  • Interclub... Just two events left: our 25m on sun 17 July. And the hill climb sun 2nd Oct. guessing at the Clappers. Let's try and smash these two eh?

Wow. Well done the magnificent 7 on this TT!