Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell Derby Day - UCI World record attempt - Wednesday 10th August

edited June 2016 in General
For the best part of 9 months or so Richard Glover has been working towards having a crack at the current UCI World Hour record on the track for his age bracket (75-79), he is 76. The current record stands at 38.494 Km (just a bit short of 24 miles).

Preparation has been going very well with frequent trips to Derby Velodrome for testing sessions and he has booked a 2 hour slot for his attempt on Wednesday 10th August between 10.30 and 12.30.

Hopefully we can organise a bus load of supporters to go and cheer him on.

Save the date and be there when CCA go on the world map!

Current UCI World Masters Age Group Standings

Comments

• I reckon it's about 120 miles to ride up there...
  • what about train to Peterborough. It's then 73 miles on national cycle route 63.
  • Probably need to be there around 11 or soon after.
  • If anyone is up for this I would have room for several bikes in my box trailer, meet at mine about 7, drive to somewhere South of Leicester (1 hour), ride for 2 1/2 to 3 hours arrive Derby at around 11?
  • Not long to go now, hope the training is going well Richard. Richards mate Vernon is offering 3 spare places in his car if anyone wants a lift. Let me know if youre interested and ill put you in touch.
  • Tomorrow folks...who is going...would have loved to cheer Richard on but doesn't look on now so GOOD LUCK Richard
  • I'll be coming down from York to cheer you Richard - see you there - good luck...!
  • Good luck Richard, we will be there tomorrow. will attempt some live updates and pics. think its an 11.00 ish start.
  • I forgot about this until tonight and my car is in the garage so I can't join you. Good luck Richard.

Jim
  • Fields planning on being there.
  • Good luck !!!!!
  • He's away, looking for 38.4 currently on 38.2 after 5 mins but creeping up
  • 38.460 still going up
  • Dropping a little, half an hour in, 38.30, c mon Richard!
  • 20 mins left. Getting a bit hurty 38.1
  • 10 mins left, looks a little uncomfortable, 37.81
  • Tremendous effort, he looks very tired at the end ,missed it, not sure of final distance yet
  • Final distance 37.490. Fabulous effort well done Richard!!
  • what a great effort - well done Richard
  • Top effort. Incredible.
  • Well done from all of us, Richard, on what you DID achieve today! We had a great day and I think I counted at least 14 members from your Supporters Club.
  • Well done Richard - fantastic to even attempt this, and sounds like an amazing effort on the day.

• Well done Richard - inspirational
  • Richard, The final result from your attempt is just one part of what you have achieved. Having the vision, having the bravery to attempt it and then actually doing it are all huge achievements for which we all take inspiration from; chapeau!
  • Richard, The final result from your attempt is just one part of what you have achieved. Having the vision, having the bravery to attempt it and then actually doing it are all huge achievements for which we all take inspiration from; chapeau!
  • Comments above say it all. Absolutely inspirational Richard. Great to see so many were able to get there and support you. Did anyone ride there seeing Will's comments above?
  • A very big thank you to everyone for such fantastic support. Your enthusiasm before and after was amazing. Thanks also for texts and emails