Welcome to the forum

Chain Gang Tuesday 5th July - all welcome

Leaving 7.30pm from Tuns, Ashwell.

Smooth riding, as always.

Great training, nice evening, perfect weather.

Finish @ the Tuns for a couple of drinks at the club night

Comments

• See you there Nat
  • Hi -

I am a new member, and am keen to join in the chain gang tonight. If that's OK, i'll see you at the Tuns 7:30.

Mat
  • Hi Mat
    If course that's OK. If you're new to the lap, I'm sure the others will shout out the turns and tight corners. Notably the left turn at Bassingbourn and the need to single-file in Litlington to negotiate the speed bumps.

Keep the chain rotating smoothly and ease back when in the slower line. Forecast good: gutted I can't make tonight's ride.
  • edited July 2016
    Cheers all
    A bit slower this week except last 5k which went all out
    However, very smooth riding from all

edit, forgot lights so no tuns
  • Thanks all,
    I really enjoyed last night. It was my first time in a chain gang - hopefully I didn't clog you all up too much! When I got home, my wife asked my where we went... I realised I have no real idea - all my concentration was spent on following the wheel in front!
    Looking fwd to next week.
    Mat
  • Thanks everyone. That last lap a bit rich for me. I got 24mph for the 2/3 of it that I did.
    Thought we all worked together pretty well though.
  • Nat... 'a bit slower this week'?!

Strava has you;
    Lap 1: 22.6mph
    Lap 2: 23.2mph
    Lap 3: 23.7mph

And a Strava top 5 on the hill to Steeple at the end.... Punchy! Good work.
  • Last night's group did look unusually tidy as it went past the post office in Steeple. Well done all!
  • Martin hmm It just seemed really steady on lap one! Maybe it's the new machine playing tricks but I was able t breathe!
  • Yep. I had that when I got a proper bike. It's fab.