Welcome to the forum

Yorkshire Dales Club Weekends

Geoff has kindly offered his hospitality at the farm. So who's up for riding those Yorkshire hills again? Tan Hill, The Stang and Buttertubs to name a few plus no doubt Geoff's non hilly ride down the Durham valley (it's not flat!). Usual thing, drive up early Friday, three rides, and then back down Sunday afternoon. Kip in the caravan or tent. Evening meals at the pub. Smiles around.

dates being considered :

Friday 22 JULY - Saturday 24 JULY
Friday 19 August - Saturday 21 August

Comments

• Thanks very much Geoff / Robbie

Definitely in for both!

N
  • I'm in for July.
    The August date is 4 days after my 12h so legs might say no.
  • can't do 22nd July as I am going to Spain but possibly the 19th of Aug
  • Sounds great- I'd heartily recommend it after last year - count me in for either weekend (bday weekend in August), and probably Jenny if August...
  • We'll aim to do both. Cool
  • If a family group want to come and camp we have plenty of space. There's loads to see on the farm, hundreds of lambs, some pets as they were reared by hand, great walks and some fabulous scenery and places to visit for family who don't want to cycle. Fun for all :-)
  • Anyone still got the gpx garmin files for last years routes?
  • not to worry...I have a couple of mods you might find amusing...I'll set them up on my routes.
  • Sounds like a few fun steep hills thrown in there Geoff !!! We'll load them if you send tcx or gpx via email. Nice one
  • Have mailed some suggestions Robbie :-)
  • Routes look good. So far for July we've got:

Jeremy
    Robbie
    Nathaniel R
    Dave W
  • edited July 2016
    Thinking early drive....
    Setting off 6.30am on A1. At Geoffs before 10.
    Cuppa and away we ride. Two cars seems good for four. I can pick Nat up as discussed in tescos. Lol
  • Awesome. Thanks Robbie! I screwed my leg up today sliding down a cliff but hopefully it's temporary. clicking though!
  • Dave - let's discuss. Can you ping me your mobile.
    Not sure it will be easy for us to car share and do an early Friday start?
  • Hi Jeremy - I've sent you a message on here - let me know if it doesn't turn up...
  • Thanks in advance for the Geoff, looking forward to catching up! I'm considering driving up on Thursday night (got to come back Sunday morning)- would that be OK with you? Thanks! Dave.
  • Hi Dave - reply sent.
    Weather looks half decent for t'Dales at the weekend.
    Let's all try to get up to Geoff's farm for 10am.
    Should be a good trip.
  • no problem Dave...see you later today
  • Geoff,
    Looking forward to tomorrow! Will you be riding?

How hot is the out-house in this heat wave? I'm just asking to see If I should bring a small fan, that's all! Don't sleep very well. Not fussed either way just wanted to see if you thought it was worth bothering. Cheers!
  • it gets hot so bring fan if you like...you can open windows as well :-) Have Shelton, Harley and Travis here. Went on short 45 mile ride some 6000ft climbing with 25% in so was knackered. I've hardly ridden since Paris Nice working on house and farm and sorting Radwell and it looks like I won't survive Friday and Saturday. Will do the Sunday ride though. Planning to ride with Harley and Shelton on an easier ride Friday and spin on Saturday as Travis is racing on Sunday and doesn't need that killer ride on Saturday.
    Planning to be fitter by the August trip.
    Suggest we all go out Friday evening for a meal.
    see you all soon
  • edited July 2016
    Geoff - looking forward to the weekend.
    One quick question - will there be enough room for us all in the mobile home?
    Thinking do I need to bring a tent?
  • Thanks Geoff

Jeremy there is one large double bed room and a room with two singles. Then the living room can (technically) sleep 2. I will sleep out in the living room (like I did before) because I don't sleep well so don't want to keep anyone up. Also would prefer anyway!
  • More room in caravan... I'm in my new pop up tent! : )
  • Tough 70 mile loop... even tougher trying to keep up with these climbers I'm with. Great ride.
    2000m climbing.
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks Geoff for your hospitality and another great long weekend of riding in theYorkshire Hills.
    So much variety of riding with flat-ish stuff as well as some of the UK's toughest hills.

Friday's 70 mile ride took us out into Teesdale and deepest County Durham.
    Plenty of hills and fabulous descents.
    Travis, Nathaniel and Dave battling out for the KoM.

Saturday's harder 80miler made even harder by 3x Garmin meltdown mid-ride.
    Super lunch stop at Farmers Arms in Muker.
    Well deserved post-ride pint at Unicorn on Bowes.

Easy spin on Sunday before hitting the real world and the journey home.

All good - looking forward to next time.
  • Too weekend! As always. Loads of quality climbing miles and awesome descents on dry roads hitting over 50mph. Nice one Geoff... and all the club riders who made it up there. Next one mid August. Who's up for it?
  • Good to see you all. I am tired but have my cycling mojo back thanks to you. Hadn't realized how much I missed the mickey taking and general good spirits of riding with the club.
    I would really like other club members who don't know what is on offer to find the time to get up here. At present we have accommodation for 6-8, but if you bring tents we can take an unlimited number.
    Have a chat with Robbie, Jeremy, Phil, Nat, Dave, Shaun, MC, Tim S, Cam, Theo, Bryn, Harley, Travis, Sophie, Shelton, Daniel, Archie, Sallie B, Luke, just to name a few.
    Our mobile home would suit any family group or groups who want some pointers but prefer to do their own thing and have a holiday.
    As the work progresses up here more facilities and accommodation will come on stream but for now just get here and enjoy the simple life :-)
  • edited August 2016
    Just bringing this back to the top.
    19-21st Aug weekend rapidly approaching.
    Who's planning to go?

Geoff - assuming this weekend is still ok with you at the farm?
  • all good here Jeremy. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Will post some routes. Thinking flatter rolling first day with challenging day 2 and spin your legs day 3. Let me know if you want something different and I will sort. Might be a bit fitter by then but still focusing on the farm and selling/developing Radwell. great start to track with gold and world record...bodes well.