Welcome to the forum

National 100

I look forward to reading the report on this one... Any interesting news from the Field camp? I might have spied a result on the CTT website...

Comments

• Just arrived back. That was a long day. Up at 4.45 so Jack could get to the HQ in readiness for her 6.48 start.

Really poor weather on the drive up yesterday was not looking promising but the day dawned nice and bright with a starting temp of about 16 degrees with a light south westerly wind.

Jackie was disappointed at the start as her Garmin showed battery at 0% when she turned it on. (not sure what happened there). Nothing she could do about it so riding by feel was the order of the day. She has trained hard for this but it was always going to be difficult to judge the pacing and feeding on an event this long. I was trying to give her time checks but there are rules about not being able to drive past your riders less than every 10 miles and they only had two feeding zones which you passed twice at each end of the dual carriageway circuit.

My time checks were showing that she was just about holding 25mph which was looking good for the sub 4 hours. Of course I could not be sure my timing was spot on accurate so she had an anxious wait at the end.

The good news is she came in with 3.59.50 which she was very pleased with. She was 4th lady overall. (Hayley Simmonds national champ won it with 3.46.37) and second in the vet ladies by only 18 seconds.

Not sure if she will do this again? Had to be helped off the bike and was probably hallucinating whilst riding but says her legs back and bum are only hurting a bit now!

Saw Luke D back at HQ which I thought was strange as he started much later. Turns out he had a puncture at 55 miles which he was obviously very disappointed with as he had a good first half split putting in a PB for the 50.
  • Amazing result and great to get under 4 hours. Hallucinating? Sign of a well paced bike race, that.
  • Well done Jackie. Simply brilliant.
  • Fantastic effort Jackie, well done.
  • Brilliant.
  • Stunning ride Jackie, what an achievement.