Welcome to the forum

TSE F2D/10 open TT

Thought I'd have a crack at my first dual carriageway course (and only my second open) this weekend. As you will all remember yesterday was stupidity windy and I almost quit multiple times before I started. However I managed to complete my warmup and turned up on the start line ready to go.

I'm pleased to say that I managed to finish it and didn't end up being blown under a caravan or lorry but it was a pretty hideous experience. My nerves got the better of me and I spent a good stretch at the mid point sitting up and bracing myself. I did it in 24.30 which is a lifetime PB for me and was 4th lady on the day (only 30 seconds between the top 4). However I'm also disappointed as physically I had so much more to give but self preservation took over. Still it was a good chance to improve my bike handling skills.

There were a few other CCA there although I didn't get chance to catch up with anybody else. I think Justin got third??

Comments

• Well done on the PB Emma. I did this one a few years back with Team Cambridge as an evening TT when the roads have a little less traffic on them so may be worth giving it another go?

Stuart