Welcome to the forum

Chain Gang Tuesday 12th July 2016 - all welcome

Leaving 7.30pm from Tuns, Ashwell.

Smooth riding, as always.

Great training and very welcoming for all.

It looks wet but I have some newly found cahonas so will probably ride anyway unless it's very bad. Wind looks mild.

Comments

• Hoping to be there but lacking what Nathaniel has found so will be checking weather.
  • edited July 2016
    Stuart, haha. I may go out earlier in the day if it's genuinely not looking great. No point spending all day waiting for noone to show up

..................... I'm going for a smash session in the gym so I'll see how my legs feel later now
  • Fingers crossed the weather ok for the chain gang. I'll be there unless it's dreadful weather. Usual last minute assessment. Will ride slowly to Cashwell from Steeple at 7.35pm in search of others.
  • What are everyone's current thoughts? Can dig the winter bike out with guards but I know it needs a tire swapping over...
  • Looks good there'll be a window of opportunity on the forecast. And besides: it's quite warm and low wind. I'll almost certainly ride, unless there's a massive storm and it gets dangerous.
  • Forecast improving all the time. But does warn of sharp sudden downpours. Reckon we'll be all right though. See ya in a bit.
  • edited July 2016
    Weather looks changeable. I went for a gym session this morning so going to ride tomorrow instead. About 8 out last week so should be good attendance tonight also!
  • Any issues with riding with/without guards, whats the convention for chaingangs
  • Sorry Noah and I are bailing. Needed to ride and could not take the chance on it being grim so went out earlier and just about missed a downpour here. Hopefully next week. Seem to be saying that a lot :-(
  • Hi Chris. If you have a clip on rear guard I'd stick it on. I don't mind if not. I'll still take your wheel!
  • Weather truly dreadful. Riding not safe. Sorry: am bailing out.
  • Kayak chaingang anyone?
  • Ventured to Ashwell to see if anyone else was feeling intrepid. Not so. Made like Steve Cummings ( -150W and a bagfull of souplesse) and TT'd home. Now to Wiggle to find more waterproof kit
  • Very brave Chris. Well done. Yes, were you riding a log flume?