Welcome to the forum

Chain gang, 19th July 2016

Scorchio!

I hope to be tootling towards Ashwell from Steeple Morden at 7.35pm, hoping to meet those leaving Ashwell at 7.30pm somewhere near Huffers. See you somewhere around this evening!

Hopefully we can do two groups if enough of us. Or one group with riders wanting an easier time of it sitting on the back now and then.

Comments

• Should be out tonight all being well. My back is much better although i do have a sore foot after last nights Froome appreciation race at the grass track.

Ill sit on the back probably or ride with a medio group if there is one.
  • Thanks Martin

I injured my leg yesterday quite badly so I am going to easy spin over and maybe sit just off the back for a lap if that's alright? and roll back home. Trying to get full mobility for Yorkshire!
  • Best day of the year and Noah and I cannot be there :-(

Where most schools are winding down my place is cranking it up as we all move up a year early in prep for September. So I have a new parents evening to attend.

Have a good one. Hopefully there next week.
  • edited July 2016
    Hoping to make this tonight all being well.
    Maybe fit in a hop-based recovery drink on the way home?
  • That's a great idea.
  • Thanks - enjoyed that.
    A bit disorganised at the start but once we got going I had two quality laps.
    Should have quit whilst I was ahead as the big hammer came down on lap three.
    Not sure why it has taken me until mid-July to get involved.
  • Great fun tonight. We can always rely on Vince to create havoc.

Lap 1 a mess. But eventually got going... When leaving litlington!

Maybe 12 out? Some happy just sitting on the back. All fine. The group happily working together. Weather great. Not too hot. Interesting wind direction.

Lap 2 way more cohesive and Andrew and James impressive to turn and latch on. Group working smooth and well. Top riding.

There's a new pothole after the shingay road turn fyi.

Lap 3. Warp factor 9 mr sulu. But nice to mix it up with Matt P and his cat 2 experience and Tadlow Matt who are both all over it. 2nd fastest lap of the year and 4th ever. Strava styley.

Lap 1: 23.3mph
    Lap 2: 23.6mph
    Lap 3: 24.1mph

Not around next Tuesday. But see you week after. We should do some races together...
  • Nice to get out in some clean air after being roasted in the city during the day. A delayed 6:23 train home meant I didn't get in until 7:15 but a quick change and pootle over the Bygrave range meant I could catch the end of lap one and roll round for the second.

Need to get a choke chain on Vince unless we all agree to push a bit harder - which I think we could have last night if there had been a vote to stay in.

The heat at Shingay T junction - when the speed dropped and air cooling was turned off - for the left turn was furnace like!

Back in time for some king prawns on the bbq at 9:00. What's more to like?
  • Nice to get out in some clean air after being roasted in the city during the day. A delayed 6:23 train home meant I didn't get in until 7:15 but a quick change and pootle over the Bygrave range meant I could catch the end of lap one and roll round for the second.

Need to get a choke chain ( they may not be acceptable for canines nowadays but errant cyclists are ok?) on Vince unless we all agree to push a bit harder - which I think we could have last night if there had been a vote to stay in.

The heat at Shingay T junction - when the speed dropped and air cooling was turned off - for the left turn was furnace like!

Back in time for some king prawns on the bbq at 9:00. What's more to like?