Welcome to the forum

Late Summer Nice Weekend 2016

edited July 2016 in General
For those not going to Belgium:

To round up the end of the Summer with (hopefully) a last burst of sun, we thought we'd take a trip to Nice for a long weekend. Jenny came to meet us last year at the end of the Paris-Nice trip, and while she was waiting, hired a beautiful brand new TCR and discovered some of the iconic climbs of that area - Col d'Eze, Col de la Madone, etc. Anyone wanting to join us would be more than welcome – this isn’t an official ‘CCA-endorsed’ trip, but join us for as much or as little as you fancy, whether for rides, parts of rides, drinks or dinners…

Nice is a beautiful town - not all boutiques and playboy yachts as I'd imagined, with a very characterful Old Town area and quality but reasonably priced restaurants and bars.

We're flying out from Luton 7.15am on Friday 23 Sept, returning from Nice at 9.35ish?? ( Can’t remember exactly, need to check) On Monday 26th - tickets cost us about £90 (return) each.
Plenty of hotel options, but we're staying in the Aparthotel Adagio Access Nice Acropolis (http://www.adagio-city.com/gb/hotel-8384-aparthotel-adagio-access-nice-acropolis/index.shtml)- about £80 per night via Booking.com for a studio near the marina and Old Town, and not too long a walk from the bike shop.

Bike hire is 45 euros a day for a Giant TCR, bit more for a Propel, bit less for a Defy (tiagra), although the Defy isn't carbon- weight is not your friend on those hills! (http://www.larouelibre.fr) We should be able to get 4 fairly full rides in - the airport is very handily located just along the seafront, and we plan to just take hand luggage (mainly consisting of helmet, saddle, pedals, etc.).

Health warning: This part of France isn’t particularly flat! There may be flatter routes available around Nice, I haven’t really researched them, but the attraction for us is the climbs…

Comments

• Dave, sounds great but you must experience a CCA Belgium trip one year. Both trips sound good but all booked and going through my visualisations for Belgium. Looking forward to the smells even.