Welcome to the forum

Saturday 30th 8.30 middle group

edited January 2010 in Club runs
On for another 60-70 miler. Might even be martins Luton airport! Hopefully no snow on Friday.

Comments

• Given the strong wind from the north, how about a variation on the Grafham ride - to include Old Warden, Cardington and later a little scenic wiggle to Waresley - making it 72 miles, with a very similar ascent total as the Lilley run?

Those wanting to making it more like 60 could break off at Waresley-Gamlingay-Potton-Dunton-Hinxworth.

Would recommend a quick coffee stop at Grafham, given the temperature? So ETA at Ashwell would be just before 1pm.

Basic map: http://senduit.com/f80549

Sound OK?

All bets off eh if it's snowy roads or ice.
  • Sounds perfect. With a few through and offs on the long straights!
  • i'll b there :-)
  • For those wanting an even shorter version - break off point at Blunham - for Tempsford, Potton, then Dunton or Wrestlingworth - would make it a 'Two Bridges' run, 40 milesish.

Something for everyone!
  • i hope to take up the 40 option - need to save my legs for 'cross on sunday (oh dear i am starting to sound a bit like geoff!!)
  • heaven forefend Phil..hahahaha
  • Looks good to me, will have to drive over otherwise it'd be an 88 miler ! See you at 37.
  • 37 what Kevin??..........if you mean silver street then NO..........it is at emetry area next to Garage in Ashwell I think.have a good ride guys
  • that would be 'cemetry' area at 08:30
  • we hav snow in Baldock 8-(
  • going out in the car to check main roads now 7.20am. Post back in 15mins.
  • For safety. We shouldn't ride. It's minus 3 and roads all have a layer of snow - icing over. Gutted.
    Need Geoff to book the school for a huge turbo session tomorrow!

R
  • so pi$$€d off!!! thanks 4 checking out tho Robbie. fingers crossed 4 tomorrow then!
  • Me too, was looking forward to it. Snow in Letchworth too. Mountain bike will get a spin later.
  • Ride cancelled then. Thanks for checking Robbie. Good use of forum.

On t'turbo in the garden then!
  • Turbo it is. See you next week chaps. Chris
  • Hi Guys,
    I looked out the window and it was quite white but I decided to come out ready and wait in the cemetery anyway. Guess what I was the only one there. Waited until 8.45 and have decided to go out for a ride on my own.

Dam weather!

mark_c
  • That was Mark Constable from my laptop by the way.................ROBBIE....no can do at short notice re. school turbo....anyway, will be in Manchester for session tomorrow..will be thinking of you all out in the cold......have a nice one
  • It's now looking ok... with the sun smiling.
    Bit knackered now just come back from a 20m x-country run but will try and come out and play tmw.
    R