Welcome to the forum

No helmet -

Took the bike to work to cycle home today and forgot my helmet.
Rode home anyway and really enjoyed not wearing it.....should I have enjoyed it?
I know it's wrong but...

Comments

• It's fine, till you get knocked off. Anyway, this is a can of worms thread almost as bad as the tubs thread... Helmets must be worn on club runs, that is all.
  • No question they should be worn.
    Just making the observation.
  • Interesting. I took mine off to ride up Mont Ventoux last year and did so on a solo ride a couple of weeks ago. Liberating. I wasn't using tubs though.

Are helmets compulsory on L'Eroica rides? If not, why not if they are on every other organised ride I've ever entered?
  • It's fine till you come off..trust me. without one 15 years ago I tried to dig a channel across the tarmac with my forehead and face....a helmet would have taken the brunt of the damage. Wearing one and coming off at 40+ down hill to Watten in France the helmet shattered but I was fine. Even on your own things happen whether its a car or pothole or lost tyre or gravel on a bend or even a jammed wheel. If you come of without one I guarantee the result will be worse than with. The latest are so light and give good ventilation it is not worth the risk.
  • Tubs are pointless on the road.
  • Sssssssssssssssssshhhhh don't mention the T word
  • edited August 2016
    :anguished:

Lol, wanted to see if I could get it going again! :awesome: