Welcome to the forum

Club 10 Results - 17/8/16

edited August 2016 in Time Trial
There's only me and Robert down to help this eve on the Club 10, Weds 17 Aug.

We need 2 more...

I'm happy to stand on Toll Bar corner. We could do with 2 timekeepers.

Comments

• Sorry, I can't help tonight. Hopefully someone can help out.
    Hoping to ride next week.
  • I was really looking forward to riding tonight - c'mon pleeeeaaase!

If it comes down to it I will timekeep again, but as Martin says it takes 2 so need someone else as well.
  • My son & I can timekeep tonight. See you later.
  • I was looking forward to riding tonight also. Myself and Tim have done lots of marshaling in the last few weeks so would be nice if we didn't have to time keep again.

So, let's have some more volunteers so we can run the TT on this lovely August evening......
  • I'll be happy to help. Shall I just turn up at the village hall at 6.30ish?
  • edited August 2016
    Richard and Taff, thanks ! We all posted simultaneously by the look of it :)
  • Yes thanks guys, much appreciated!
  • I had held off putting my name on the doodle as I was hoping to ride but now will be there and not riding so looks like we'll have plenty and those wanting to ride I'm sure will be able to.
    Next week is similar (only Robert down I think) and I definitely would like to get my 4th race in. Holiday time is always difficult but we do need the help to run the events - thanks.
  • Thanks everyone, really appreciate this going ahead tonight. Right...riders...we have to make it count now given how close it was being cancelled. Big effort and pbs all round please!
  • Light winds and very warm - no excuses!
  • Totally up for it + feeling good + lowered stem + favourable conditions + Olympic track success inspiration + desperate need to knock Brendan off that top spot = fantastic new PB, yes...?
  • Thanks everyone for marshalling.

@JMac, you're not usually wrong but that wasn't a quick night.
  • Yes, thanks ever so much to the volunteers for helping out.
  • You're a fine one to talk Gareth with a 36 second PB but there were only 2 so you're probably right. Great ride :awesome:
  • Really?? You sure? I thought I was 10 seconds slower than last week
  • Wow. Well done Gareth. Great ride. I found it particularly hard tonight. Thank you to all the marshall, once again. Only two weeks remaining.
  • Thanks to all the volunteers this evening to make this happen, always appreciated.
  • edited August 2016
    30 riders out on a warm evening but the wind quite clearly made for difficult conditions with just one PB tonight - great ride Dave. Bad luck Nigel who had mechanical issues and Andy who will hopefully sort out his navigation for next time!

Chris (22:09) was fastest, Emma (25:45) fastest lady, Travis (24:49) best junior and Steve (+3:03) top vet.

Matt Young (22:45) from Royston led the field of 9 guest riders.

Many thanks to Robert, Richard, Andrew, Martin, Mike, and Shelton for all their help.

Full result

Brendan and Tim put in very good performances and are slogging it out in the the Northfield Trophy with Tim definitely staying in touch

Handicap result
  • Thanks James

Hit the power numbers for the first time in a few months but 4 secs off on but 25w more than last week's pb. Shows the difference with the wind direction
  • Marshaling next week so 1 last chance for under 22. Doing a wind and weather dance as we speak.

Many thanks to all the marshals last night for allowing it to happen
  • I stupidly thought that an easterly wind would make the TT easier, as it would be a bit of resistance down the shingy road but that would be counteracted by the speed you would gain up the Tadlow road.

Clearly not, think it was one of the hardest evenings of the year!! I'm also sure it was a headwind for 8 of the 10 miles and the last drag up from the bottom of the Wrestlingworth crossroads hill was just torture ! Chapeau to anybody who got a PB last night !

So a 5mph westerly wind next week please :)
  • Thanks as ever to those who helped out. It has to be said Martin is an excellent marshal - very confident and clear with his guidance.
  • edited August 2016
    Did you use my/your new wheels Bryn??? :)
  • Clearly I was too quick for you Matt!
  • Too busy cheering you on Stiggers!