Welcome to the forum

Another Tire question!

Need to get myself some grass track tires and have been recommended the Kenda Karvs in 25. Struggling to find any online in 25's for next weeks race at Mildenhall so does anyone recommend any other tires if I cant source the Kendas? I have a Giant Omnium so they would need to fit. I can get the Kendas in 28's but think they may be too big for the Omnium.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I don't think the 28s would fit inside that frame unfortunately. You'd struggle to find anything else in a 25 that had any sort of tread on it too.

Looking at the weather forecast it's going to be bone dry and you could conceivably get away with slicks but it's a risk especially if you have limited experience of grass track. It is strictly against regulations too but I've never heard of it being enforced. Whatever you decide volume is your friend more than tread pattern especially if it's bone dry so fit the biggest volume tyre you can. Max did say on Thursday that the track is bumpy so high pressure is going to make for an uncomfortable ride

I'm not going to make it to Mildenhall now so you can borrow my bike if you like. It's a 56cm and I'm 6 foot.
  • Thanks for the advice mate. Will have a think about what to do.

Cheers.
  • Sophie has Kenda 23s on her Giant Omnium. You could possibly borrow Sophie's wheels although they aren't great. We got the 23s rather than 25s as someone told us that their 25s rubbed when they put power down (same tires and frame)
  • These squeezed onto my tight track frame...
    a skinnier 28 because they're road but very grippy on grass with big tread.

Wiggle;
    Continental TourRide Reflex City Road Tyre
    Black 700 x 28c