Sunny with slight north westerly

I am on for a steady 40 miles,
Need to test back now ok.
Sort route in the morning, but lanes if all ok
3 tuns start as normal

James

Comments

• Yo Ho shirkers

Friday is not actually part of the weekend....unless that is your weekend begins at noon every Wednesdsy, or for the real shirkers every day is effectively the weekend.

Dolly Dutchman
  • Do need a wed night drinking partner after wed archery
    Always good to relax at the start of the weekend.
    Any takers ?
    Captain Dosser
  • FDFD
    edited August 2016
    Yo Ho alkies

Why does it need to be a weekend to start training?

Far better to be consistent and regular in your training rather than cramming all your sessions into the weekend and just using binge intervals.

I've found that my stamina and peak threshold have improved remarkably since splitting a heavy weekly workload over many sessions.

I am available for one on one or group training sessions every day of the week.

Captain Sensible
  • Wed 8.30pm for a short steady training session.
    Venue to be agreed.
    Does that fit ?
  • Sounds good

How about some weight training? Lots of sets of light weights lifting with many reps. I'm thinking 20oz, that sort of thing, Mainly using the upper arms. but many times over.

We could also work on flexibility, especially from the elbow upwards, which can suffer from locking if not used often enough.

For improving balance we could lean onto some wooden bars and counter our tendency to sway as we get deeper into the session.

Additionally we could try out various nutritional products, ideally in small sachet size, to see if they might alleviate the often debilitating effects on the body of a heavy workload. Nuts and potato derivatives are usually best, I've found, after extensive testing under pressure.

It's also good to put in these sessions in various locations to avoid becoming stale with the surroundings. Especially this time of year when you can practise both inside and out. Hard Turbo sessions are best kept indoors to avoid getting nauseous from too much sun.

Nothing too hard in a mid week session, though, or the director sportif and corporate sponsors will have something to say if I overdo it.

Coaching Potato Dutchman
  • Just done a double training session.
    First a light one in the sunshine, eat and recover
    Then a two up session outside in the cool night air.
    More repetitions in the second one and aerobic so able to discuss issues of the day.
    Found much more clarity in thinking as the session developed.
    Dispenser of energy drinks clearly thought so as well.
    World's problems resolved as well as getting fit.
    Much more of this to come

Land ahoy
    What shores ?

Captain tight

• 3 out for a glorious sunny day.
    Nice and easy to test Captains return.
    36 miles at 16 mph

Regular Friday ride
    James
  • Yo Ho

How many pints per hour?

FD
  • 2 bottle ride
    Bring your own opener
    BB
  • I recommend that you take on at least a 700cl bottle per hour, dependent on body weight. Red or white, your choice.

You could double this for a particularly heavy session.

Coaching Dutchman