Sunday looks ok, but still changeable
South westerly again
Probably do a long out and back heading South
But see how it looks Sunday, can adjust accordingly

CP

Comments

• Yo Ho Bankers

Unlikely to make Sunday.

Have an all day training session tomorrow with a 'chain gang' in Cambridge. Friend aiming for his first '50'. Plenty of through and off at higher tempo to put the body under duress. Likely to be a heavy workload while trying various rehydration drinks. Aiming for double digit intervals & I'll be on the front as usual.

Probably feeling a little heavy legged on Sunday morning, so best take it easy.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Really Flying Dutchman
  • Pirate abstains due to training session?
    What is the world coming to !
    Grit required not budgie seed

CP

PS give it all you have in training
  • FDFD
    edited August 2016
    Yo Ho punters

Yes, going to be a very hard session in and around Cambridge. Almost at crit pace.

As it's expected to be muggy today, we intend to keep fully hydrated and will need to regularly take on drinks. These will typically be 20 fluid ounces or maybe 10 floz if we're pushed for time.

These drinks will be handed to us by the soigneurs outside the Devonshire Arms, Kingston Arms, Cambridge Blue, Tram Depot, Free Press, Elm Tree, Champion of the Thames, Live & Let Live, and the Salisbury Arms. However, the course is neither marked nor closed off and we're liable to wander a bit, especially towards the finish. I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up at different places, given our varied stamina and pacing capabilities, so I'll have to keep the peleton together and make sure there are no breakaways. I might have to stay on the front, but don't mind soaking up an extra couple of efforts for the sake of the team.

After all, the aim of the session is to help our friend reach his first half century without his passing out from the effort.

Le Patron Dutchman
  • Just finished training in " The Birch " Woburn
    Tried several courses on strava back to back, all highly recommended

Peroni warm up, first bottle white went down well
    Second bottle Latic started building but carried on regardless
    Coffee to stabilise the core afterwards

Now end of series 6 game of thrones.
    Climatic finish with protein recovery ( peanuts )

Feel so much better for hard training
    Not quite a PB , but satisfaction comes with age

CP

• Yo Ho Birchers

Excellent training session in Cambridge. Full on commitment from everyone. So hard my legs are unsteady and wobbly, I have double vision and can barely type. Think a few strava PB's were set along the way. Outstanding intervals effort.

F(ully) D(hydrated)
  • FDFD
    edited August 2016
    Yo Ho navigators

CP: south westerly again. Probably do a long out and back heading south.
    FD: what's the route today?
    CP: south probably, Buntingford Westmill Benington
    FD: so out via Slip End and Sandon?
    CP: yes, I think. Out on Walkern Rd, turn left up to Sandon, follow road to Buntingford.

Rode over from Hitchin, waited at the top of Sandon Hill at 9.45am. At 10am No sign of the Black Pig. Had she run aground? Carried on to Buntingford and waited again. Still no sign of the Black Pig. Rode on towards Nasty, waited again. The Black Pig had become a ghost ship. Or sunk and all hands lost in a Nasty accident in the Buntingford Triangle?

Latched on to a lot of riders at Gt Munden who were doing the Phil Liggett/Hertfordshire 100mile or 100km sportive. The heavens opened but still a lovely ride through the lanes back to Hitchin. 36 miles total at a tad over 16mph.

Buntingford Triangle
    It makes people disappear
    Buntingford Triangle
    Don't go too near
    But look at it from my angle
    And you'll see why I'm so glad
    Now Buntingford Triangle
    Not so bad!

Barry Dutchman
  • Never trust a pirate

East we went at great speed
    Push on the pedals, really no need
    Up Barrington for the route is flat
    Like a pancake, I'll eat my hat.
    Then a jibe and onto the front
    Time for hard work, give it a punt

8 out East and 1 out South
    Split into 4 +4 on the return
    About 40 miles at about 16 mph
    Just back before the shower
    A usual BH ride

Commodore 2 ships and a dingy
    All ships returned to port

• Yo Ho codebreakers

So South now = East
    Buntingford = Barrington
    & Benington = Basingbourn

Am I close to cracking the Pirates Code or will it always be an enigma?

As it moved at a leisurely pace East, did the Pig become a slow boat to China?

Hong Kong Phoey
  • Yo Ho bank holidaymakers

Out with the Flying Dutchwoman today who is riding 100k next May in a female only charity night ride through London.

A steady 20k for the Dutchwoman, by far the most she's cycled in years. Barkway Anstey Brent Pelham Meesden Anstey Nuthampstead Barkway. Sunshine all the way.

More of this and we'll need another tandem after selling our last one nearly 20 years ago!

Double Dutchman.