Welcome to the forum

Club 10 results - 31/8/16

edited August 2016 in Time Trial
This week's Club 10 time trial is the last of a very successful 20 event 2016 season. This is a heads up that we have a 30 rider limit due to the amount of light and allocation will be on a first come first served basis.

Also to celebrate, beer and nibbles will be provided so even if you can't ride, come along later for a drink and a good old chinwag.

We are still short of help for this race.

Comments

• I have just put my name down on doodle to help tomorrow night if you need me.
    Janet
  • I'm around to marshal too, will pop down but might not make it for 6:30
  • Thanks both, see you tomorrow.
  • Actually, plans have changed this afternoon so would like to ride the 10 but will happily marshal instead if there aren't enough there to help.
  • That should be fine Will
  • Thanks for tonight James, it was lovely to have a beer after the time trial outside whilst the sun was setting. Good to see that everybody seems to be getting faster and faster... I look forward to next year for some even faster times. Let's see if anybody can knock Cam's sub 20 time off the number 1 spot on strava...!
  • Thank you so much to everyone who made these happen this season, especially James, Tim, Martin & ace pusher man Bert.
    Personally, I much preferred the new course & think the addition of the village hall is great. Really enjoyed the beer after too!
    I didn't go as quick as I'd have liked this year, so intend to beast myself over winter on Trainer Road & Sufferfest!
  • Echoing Will & Stiggers comments. Racing or marshalling, weds night is one I look forward to. Tonight's seeding did add a bit of spice to the occasion.

Gareth
  • edited September 2016
    26 out on a great club evening, I think we were lucky that the rain didn't come our way. A brisk SW wind which I'm pretty sure produced numerous PBs (11 I think) but I still need to do the final processing (the lure of free beer seemed a big incentive for many!!)

Thanks to all riders and helpers for supporting the events throughout the season.

Many thanks tonight to Peter, Janet, Anita and Martin.

Event times as follows: (more details shortly)

21:50 Will Smith
    22:03 Nigel Hale - Guest
    22:04 Chris Potter
    22:23 Gareth Davies
    22:24 Brendan Ronayne
    22:49 Bob Richardson - Guest
    22:54 Keith Barton - Guest
    23:10 Jackie Field (F)
    23:12 Jason Stuart
    23:36 Steve Miles
    24:04 Dave Wells
    24:08 Carmelo Luggeri
    24:56 Gareth Lewis (J)
    25:03 Noah Field (J)
    25:20 Emma Koppe (F)
    25:35 Simon Morris
    26:06 Robert Bumstead
    26:15 Tim Allen
    26:15 Jenny Andrews (F)
    26:54 Tim Bedford
    27:02 Kevin Stigwood
    27:18 Stephen Douglas - Guest
    27:29 Malcolm Pullen
    27:38 David Jones
    28:29 Andy Nunn
    28:33 James Dow
  • Thank you to everyone involved in organising this throughout the season, in particular James for all your effort and words of encouragement. And thank you to everyone at the club for being so welcoming and friendly. It's my first year with the club and I've enjoyed it immensely. It's fair to say I'm hooked on time trialling and can't wait for next year already!
  • Jackie and Noah both pleased with their PB's to finish the season off with.

It has been a good season. We all like the new course and the addition of the village hall gives it a really nice social element to finish.

Thanks to everyone who has helped make these happen this year and to James for the brilliant results service and compiling the various competition points tables.
  • As above really, have really enjoyed the midWeek events, superb as usual Robert, 1 for pushing off every week and 2 for sacrificing his warm to allow himself to do that for everyone else !! Thanks also to everyone else involved, James obviously for making them happen week in week out, see you all next season Nigel(TSE).
  • A great season finale, good weather, good turnout, beer and nibbles and a PB to end on - what more could you want. Really pleased to have ended the year 3 and a half minutes quicker than I started, but not sure how I'm going to get anywhere near that next year...

Thanks to James and everyone who has helped out over the year, and yes a special mention to Robert for giving us a good send off every week.

And well done Brendan for winning the handicap trophy - well deserved!
  • I just wanted to add my thanks to everyone who gave up there Wednesday evenings to help out this year, especially to James Mac for his tireless work every week.
    And to Robert for pushing off every week without dropping anyone!
  • Yup echoing the above, thank you all for welcoming me into the club, and especially to James for the organizing and Rob for the pushing off. (if we could swap bikes too, that would be great!) Never would have started to ride open events if it wasn't for this series, and impressive to see the improvements everyone has been making week on week.

• @JMac any idea when the handicap times will be available please?
  • I imagine you will have secured free entry for the next club-10 Gareth. Pity it's not until next April! Incredible PB. What was your secret?
  • Thank you. I hope so hence why i asked... :)

Secret:
    1) Get half of your kideny removed in March-ish time. Takes a few months for it to start to work again - all about Power to weight right!?!;
    2) "veet" your legs on the day;
    3) Steal your partner's Zipp wheels when she's at work;
    4) Get chased by an Irishman who you expect to be caught by near Wrestlingworth junction.
  • edited September 2016
    Whatever you did Gareth it was an exceptional performance, other than your 1:17 the handicap result was all very close with 11 PBs:

Handicap result

Also very well done other Gareth for a first sub 25 and narrowly fastest Junior. Jackie was best female and vet on standard with a very impressive +5:48 and top guest was Nigel Hale (TSE) with a season best of 22:03.

Main result