Welcome to the forum

Continuing the chain gangs over the winter . . .?

I was doing a bit of research for Sophie and noticed that Herne Hill Velodrome do chain gangs over the winter on their velodrome, using road bikes. The track at Welwyn is available to casual users at the bargain price of £6 per person per hour. So I was wondering if there was any interest in trialing a chain gang? Sophie is really keen to try a chain gang so is there any interest in a medium level starter chain gang on a Thursday night at 8pm for an hour? Floodlights are available so the track would be lit. The track has more availability over the weekends if people prefer. We would just need to phone ahead and check it is free.

The benefit of being on the velodrome is that you can drop out for a few laps and tag back on easily. There is also no traffic, potholes or road junctions!

I am not sure whether this should be a coached session initially, and if so is there anyone interested? If not then you do it at your own risk as it is not an official sanctioned CCA session. I would suggest 14 years minimum age as Sophie is 14, but she is fast, track savvy and used to riding in a peloton if anyone has concerns about riding with a child.

Comments