Welcome to the forum

Interclub Hill Climb Sunday 2nd Oct

edited September 2016 in Time Trial
I see entry is open here

Is it the Clappers again this year?

Comments

• Thanks Matt, yes Sharpenhoe Clappers near Barton-Le-Clay.
  • Lillie and I entered.
  • Entered. That's 10 CCA riders. Any more fancy it? I think entry closes Wednesday... Quick quick!
  • For start information and times for tomorrow please click on the links below, good luck all.

IC Hill Climb Info

IC Hill Climb start list
  • edited October 2016
    Like to know what Muppet did the start sheet!? I'm on a Trike, the time keeper will of buggered off home fed up waiting for me
  • They didn't want you getting in the way :-)
  • good luck hillclimbers! and someone get a photo of Shelton on his trike.
  • I ain't doing it, saving myself for the club climb
  • edited October 2016
    We waited expectantly for a trike to come chuffing it's way up the hill, shame you couldn't make it Shelton.

Suffice to say Mitchy stormed it - again! 2:03!! I think Lillie was 1st Woman??

Was a bit greasy under the trees (that was my excuse!) Martin commented that the duration of the pain resembled a Taylor Swift track, mine must be the extended club mix!

Well done all those that took part, it's a nasty hill that one. Well done Mitchy, we look forward to seeing you in action at the club HC

• Dave Mitchinson 2:03
    Adam Swan 2:27
    Jon Polak 2:29
    Martin Lawless 2:35
    Lillie Swan 2:47
    Dave Wells 2:49
    Matt Scales 2:58
    Stef Dixon 3:09
    Jenny Andrews 3:10
  • Great, well done hill climbers. Good to see Vam Polecat on the results, hope you are well!
  • Hey Tim thanks for the shout out, hope you are well also!

Was good to see everyone, wear the blue again (it's been a while) and re-acquaint with the Clappers.

Was a bit disappointed with my time, but when I looked at my trace just now, the time I was pedalling (from line to line) was about 9 seconds different to the timekeepers. Mistakes happen I guess.

Stonking ride by Dave!
  • edited October 2016
    Well done all those who did the hill climb today. I've just received the points tally with a CCA win on the day.

CCA - 320
    HNCC - 316
    Beds Rd - 308
    SNCC - 240
    IRC - 150
  • Awesome. Well done CCA!!
  • Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, Maggie Thatcher, Hitchin Nomads, Beds Road, Saint Neots, Icknield Road Club, can you hear me? …your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Great morning for CC Ashwell. 9 of us prevailing, against 16 each for Beds Road and the Nomads. Mitchy storming it - again - for 1st bloke. Lillie and Jenny 1st and 2nd ladies. But everyone really playing their part in the points. This climb is brutal at full pelt. But we smashed it, in part due to the riotous support from ‘CCA corner’ at Sharpenhoe Clappers car park, southern entrance.

It was good to catch up with John. Racing up with a mangled knee, abrasions everywhere and two fingers recently relocated after his CX crash yesterday. And, great to see Adam racing again, of course.

We may not have won this season’s Interclub. But very satisfying to help grab the win for today’s race. Let’s try and get off to a good start next year and win the Championship again.

• Full results and placings in detail have been released. PDF here.

It's great how every rider makes a difference. I'm up for a celebratory pint at the Club night tonight.

Diary reminder: our club's Hill Climb double-header is Sunday morning, 6th Nov. I'm going to see if we can arrange a post-race pint in the Fox & Duck in Therfield afterwards to cheers the club's 2016 KOM and QOM, if anyone fancies it. But we likely need them to open a little early. I will keep you posted.
  • Great stuff! Victory shot of Clubman's for every IC Hillclimber!