Welcome to the forum

Grafham X

Just a heads up for our older riders and ladies. Entry for this opened last night and already only has 26 places left. Move fast if you want in.

Comments

• Thanks Stuart - only 15 places left now
  • edited October 2016
  • edited October 2016
    Good racing at Grafham today. There were worries that rumoured restrictions would make the course rather boring, but in fact we got 'to race them on the beaches' and the long wooded straight was replaced by a windy section through a different section of woods. It could be argued it was less of a pure cyclocross race a more an off road crit - but that is the joy of cyclocross; you can never be sure how the course will race until you are there. Certainly there was a willingness to race and CCA had a good prescence in, I think, all races.

(Jackie, did you race two races?)

Once again those Lightfeet brought us fine results and Harley manualed off the beach to bag us a first in the girls race. Full results here: LINK
  • yes, for some unknown reason I did race the seniors as well. I think it was just a nice day, quite a nice course (and the beaches got much easier to ride) and definitely feeling the need for extra practice. Was a bit of a spur of the moment thing - registered with 5 minutes to go so didn't really have too much time to wonder what on earth I was thinking of - have to say ( as you know from experience) an hour is a tough call but surprisingly my laps were about the same or slightly better than the first race. Bit demoralising when Noah lapped me though LOL!
    Jackie
  • Really enjoyable day riding and spectating at Grafham. Hats off to the CCA youth section for some very good results and strength in depth. I raced the V50 and the CCA contingent all finished between 22nd and 28th places. Some really good battles were fought over the flat and fairly non-technical course. I was given a masterclass in smooth flowing CX technique by Mark W on the last lap as we battled position. Great 2up sprint in the end.

Central league at Shuttleworth for me next week. See everyone at Hempton in 2 weeks time.

JP
  • Enjoyed the new course today which made for some close racing in both the V40 and V50. I did not see it by I know Tim and Vincent were head to head going for the line.

Hoping to post some pics later of the V40's going up the step off the sand. Some major gurning going on.
  • Yes, was fun and Simon and his team certainly made the best of what was available. There were a couple of corners with cracks in the dry ground that almost caught me out and were quite hard on the tubulars although they managed to stay on.
    Had a lot of fun battling Vincent who was so much better at attacking the sand on the beaches, shame that Dave got caught up with tape and knocked off by a goon otherwise think it would have been a 3 way battle.
    All the CCA 50+ riders were having a right good tussle from what i saw too.
    Thanks to the efforts of Harley and the Lightfoots i think we are leading the club table at the mo.
  • some of those face pulling pics
  • Ace photos, many thanks Stuart absolutely brilliant! I reckon Richard wins this weeks gurning comp.