Welcome to the forum

Senior cx club champ race

After the fun of last years club champ race was wondering when this years race would be.
Possible dates could be:
6/11 Central Biggleswade
26/11 Central Welwyn
2/1 Eastern Trinity Park

Comments

• My vote is for the 26th Nov at Welwyn. there are no Eastern league events that weekend.

Pete
  • Yup, I think that is the one to go for. The Open Race I assume?
  • I'm working the 26th November so can't do that one.
  • How about the Central League event on the 28th January at Misterton? It's a bit further away but it's a great setting and a good course there. No clash with Eastern Region. Same weekend as the World's but I don't think anyone is going this year.
  • I guess this was never going to be easy! 28th Jan not good for me.
  • Either good for me. I was planning on doing the Misterton race anyway.
  • What about the Regional Champs on the 4th Dec at Gravesend?
  • The only problem with that is it's restricted to riders from Eastern and South Eastern regions. Some people will be registered as Central, if you live in Biggleswade, Langford, Stotfold, Shefford, Potton, Sandy etc
  • We might not be able to enter the open race being a Regional Championship
  • What about Central League in Corby on 15th January? Doesn't clash with Eastern. Daniel and I did this one last year, quite a good course mix of parkland and woods.
  • I recall the lap I had to run half of, because I bust my rear mech, was my fastest!

For the record any of the proposals above suit me.
  • 15th Jan good for me.
  • That's ok for me. How about Youth and U12 championships at the same event?
  • Hi all,

Just to confirm that the club champs will be on the 15th January at Corby.
    This is for all categories including Youth, U12/U10.

Vets 40+/50+ will all need to enter the senior race. Juniors can ride the junior race, women the women's race.

Keep the date free and lets have as many of us riding as possible.

Get your entries in.
    Mark.
  • Do you have to be registered rider with central?
  • edited November 2016
    No you don't have to be registered with Central. They use a chiptiming system now so when you register it includes the cost of the chip, but if you're not registered you will have to pay a £10 deposit which you will get back when you hand it back in.

Affiliation also gives you preferential gridding apparently but this won't be relevant to us as we will all line up at the back. We did this on Saturday and the commissaire mentioned that we should have told him beforehand as some of us got called up. I did mention to him about the club champs afterwards but it may not be the same comm so might be worth mentioning on the day. I have also mentioned it to the organiser.

The Junior race isn't with the seniors like in Eastern, it goes off just before the Vet 40s so Travis and Noah won't get the chance to start at the back but it shouldn't be a problem as there's rarely more than one line of Juniors. It might be a problem with the U12/U10 and Youth though as they set the youth off in waves according to age and gender, and not sure how it would work out with the U10/U12s making their way through the pack in such a short race and course.

This was a real mudfest last year with bike changes definitely offering an advantage. Can I propose a one bike/no pit crew rule.
  • edited November 2016
    Is the objective of the CX championships to find the fastest male and female riders in the club? Do we want to give riders like Adam, Travis and Noah the chance to ride with the seniors and compete for that honour?
  • I think Adam, Travis and Noah can take their chances in future years. Anyway, they have their own trophies to win. Regarding Dave's proposal - dream on mate!
  • Daniel, you have me all wrong. I wasn't thinking of myself. I'm sure I could rustle up a second bike, I've got a petrol jet washer and there's a few Central leaguers who owe me a favour to act as pit crew. I was just thinking of the purity of the contest
  • haha...the purity of mud. sounds like you are all going to have a blast..good luck everyone.