Welcome to the forum

Sunday 9am

It would seem its official, no problem has yet been encountered that can't be resolved on a Sunday Club Run. 40 miles @16.

Comments

• That's a rather bold statement, however it must be said that it was perfect conditions for a club run and the sparsity of the turnout was the only downside.
  • boy's

just so you know I will be off the bike for 2 - 3 weeks have a broken index finger
    that's why I was a no show.

see you all in a few weeks.

strappy.
  • Hard core weather gear this Sunday!!
  • Well of all the excuses not to come out on our wet and windy 9am-er...... it was in a word 'Moist'!
  • "Character building" would be a good way to describe that ride, though what character may be up for debate. +1 vote for "moist"
  • Unlikely to be out on 9am tomorrow.. sorry chaps. Half term stuff
  • I have clearance and flaps. Riding to wattage though so don't be surprised to see me wave you goodbye :)
  • I am bailing out too as now have to be home and ready to go out for lunch at 12:00!
  • Arrived at 9:01 and thought you'd all headed off promptly - went for a ride with the Pirates instead - perfect autumn weather once the sun burnt the mist off
  • Just got back from the lister my finger has not set right , new splint and another six weeks of the bike GUTTED .

strappy
  • Rotten luck Strappy.
    I have a turbo you can borrow - will even deliver if needed.
  • Oh dear, bad luck Strappy....:(
  • Hope your finger heals soon Strappy.
  • bad luck Tony...you'll heal quicker I bet :-)
  • Thanks for all your comments and thoughts boy's .

I hope to start pedaling again in the next 2 or three weeks but it will be a while
    before i am back on the club runs.

Jeremy thanks for the offer of a turbo i do have one so i will start on that first.

See you all around.

Strappy
  • edited October 2016
    are you up for the Pyrenees next year Tony? I'm booking a single room Mark just to protect everyones sleep :-)
  • GLAD to hear that Geoff !!!. to be honest not looked at it yet I was planning to do gran canaria with my granddaughters (with some cycling thrown in) but not sure about dates
    ect I might pencil my name in with M.C. and just see how it goes fitness wise.
  • hope you do Tony.
  • Nothing from me again this Sunday.. Centre Parcs. Good time to nick my bikes !!
  • Poor form again from me gents on the club ride. I'm giving the Surrey hills a bash
  • Should be on for Sunday 9am for those wanting to avoid tomorrow's downpour
  • A good ride cut short by a broken rear hub, found us in @JonathanS shed doing 2 mins silence in freezing cold. Bike wheel replaced and all good
  • Am fully expecting a turn out of at least 2 tomorrow... any others
  • Tribute ride to the Spice Girls this morning as 2 became 1. It was a freezing 45 at ave of 16.5. I feel I have the bragging rights to have faced off the last of storm Angus.
  • The ever diminishing Sunday club run was out again, 2 riders 2 bridges and the cardington loop. Finished on 78km.

Let's a have a few more out next week please?
  • Has the 9am Sunday club run had its day... discuss?
  • Like every other successful Club initiative, the 9am ride needs a Champion - a regular who focuses on it, week after week.
  • Well, it is certainly substantially different to how it was a couple of years ago. We used to have 2-3 groups and was a great way for new members to find out about the club
  • indeed, it needs a David J, a regular leader who publishes what and where the ride is going. I will do some Sunday rides once the cx season finishes but that wont be until end of Feb and doubt i would be regular enough to be the champion.
  • edited November 2016
    too much talking about it. It won't ever work unless you accept that you turn up EVERY Sunday and ride base miles for 30 miles at the pace of the slowest rider who turns up to ride. When people are worried they will be dropped by faster riders they shy away.
    The club ride is simply a guaranteed friendly regular reliable standard. The club is big enough and has enough riders to support this. It's not about any one rider but every potential club member. Stop posting these negative comments and simply turn up and ride. How do you think Bob and I started the club Sirlez? We rode every Sunday whatever the weather and made sure that everyone was together. Three of us rode for three years like this before Bob and I discussed opening up the ride to anyone who wanted to ride.
    If people know that come what may there will always be someone there to ride they will turn up. Reading this shall we shan't we week on week is a turn off. Just do it. No average rider will want to think about 78km. It is simply about consistency and knowing that if they turn up to ride it will be possible to get round with the rest.
    It's about making others feel great they turned up and were able to do it and it was worth the effort to turn up to ride so that they look forward to next weeks new route and the craic.