Welcome to the forum

Mistley CX

A fairly good turnout for CCA at Mistley. The course was slightly different to previous years and was very dry, with less hills this meant for fast racing. The first corner was the usual carnage with a crash in every race I think. Unfortunately Sam D had an off there in the youth race and was unable to carry on.

In the Vet 40s, Tim was very strong especially on the hills. I managed to hold him at bay for just over a lap but it took its toll and I wasn't able to react when he flew past me on the steep climb. Dan and Richard had a good tussle in the Vet 40s too, with Dan just prevailing.
Pete was looking good in the Vet 50s, getting a top 20 finish.
CCA finished 3rd in the team competition despite some of our big guns not being present with Harley and Emma Pell contributing to the score, along with Rhys Cairns

U10s
3rd Rhys Cairns
22nd Elijah Storti (2nd U8 boy)
23rd Logan Ayers (3rd U8 boy)

U12s
20th Joseph Hadsley

Youth
14th Harley Pell (1st Girl)
32nd Thomas Ayers
46th Alfie Duckett
DNF Sam Daniels

Vet 40s
36th Tim Duckett
55th David Hadsley
60th Dan Hall
61st Richard Lawrence

Vet 50s
19th Pete Daniels
26th Mark Wyer
31st Daniel Doncaster

Women
10th Emma Pell (4th vet woman)

Comments

• Thanks for posting the results Dave. It was a strangely dry Mistley but good fun and very tricky in places especially the terrifying corner where strangely there were hundreds of spectators! Pete was flying, right up his street I think and was skidding on demand to please the crowd. Enjoyed it.
  • Yes that was a good one for me. A few sharp hills and some fast descents with no mud to slow you down. I do admit to showboating round that corner but it got a good cheer every time!

Sam bumped his head when he fell which initially disorientated him but no lasting damage done. Gave us a chance to talk to the St Johns Ambulance people again who recognised us from last year when he broke his wrist there!
  • edited October 2016
    Dave and I rode the Central League event at MK Bowl on the Saturday.
    Unfortunately Dave rolled a tub in his race (pleased to see his luck change at Mistley).
    I rode the V50+ and finished mid-pack. Fairly pleased with that as was gridded at the back and got caught behind some big crashes at the start. My second race and a very different course to our event at Preston. Basically an unrelenting route up and down the grassy bowl with more up and down in the woods. Also, there was only a very short slightly downhill road section at the start so no chance get through the bunch. Found the pacing really difficult and was worried about blowing up. As a consequence had far too much left in the tank at the end. On a steep learning curve with this CX malarkey.

See everyone at Graffham next weekend.
  • Well done Jeremy, glad you had a good ride at the bowl. Yes, the courses are often very different and can be totally different on the same day depending what the weather does. See you at Grafham. This is likely to be very different again, we were talking to Simon Richardson who has heroically stepped in to organise it and he says that Anglian Water wont let them use the woods or possibly not the beaches which doesnt leave much to play with. Could be a grassy crit!

By the way Dave "the destroyer" Hadsley managed to shove his seat post right down into the frame and rip up a clincher at Mistley so didnt have great luck there either.