Welcome to the forum

Shuttleworth X (Central League)

edited November 2016 in Cyclocross/Offroad
A few CCA rode the Icknield RC promoted event at Shuttleworth College. The course made good use of the grassy hills and Land Rover tracks on the college grounds but was denuded of any real obstacles that required dismounting. Apparently the hurdles were made out of bendy plywood and didn't meet BC regs. The day started cold and windy with brilliant sunshine. It ended cold and windy with heavy rain. The rain started on the last lap of the V50 race so I think all the CCA racers kept dry on the day. Really enjoyed the course and found the long hills suited my style. Here are some results and apologies if I missed anybody. Hats off to those doubling up on yesterday's event at Bury. Lastly, for those that hang out at a Flamme Rouge - Will Scott got a very creditable top 10 in the senior race).

Novice men
14th Mark Ross
There was a James Qiggin in this race??

U10
19th Harry Ross

U12
5th Archie Bracewell
10th Sam Quiggin
23rd Maizie Ross
29th Maxwell Clarke

V40
63rd Dan Hall
74th Dave Hadsley (was seen carrying his bike on the last lap???)

V50
21st Jeremy Prodger
34th Daniel Doncaster

JP

Comments

• Well done all but especially Dave and Daniel
  • I don't think that kind of stupidity should be congratulated Stuart unless it encourages me to try a double header again.

I had nothing today after yesterday's efforts and was struggling round almost last. I don't know what happened with the results but I though I'd DNF'ed. I was seen carrying a bike but unusually it wasn't mine. On my last lap I saw a friend from Welwyn who was going really well, unsuccessfully trying to reattach his left hand crank, so I gave him my bike seeing as I wasn't making much use of it.

You were looking good Jeremy.

And yes, that was our very own Jamie Quiggin having a good race with Mark in the Novices
  • Tut Tut Dave. Hope the comms did not see you do that?
  • A good course, though lacking a obstacle to force a dismount (now I understand why). It was a big event and the course made good use of the available land I thought; nice wide route the whole way round.

I'd left a lot of Joules on the course at Bury yesterday so was totally wrecked by the end of the race today; fading in the last lap to lose a hard fought place (but, oh boy, was it a fun battle!)

I got very cold in the rain after the finish of the grown ups race. Good to see Jamie riding; and looking in his element!

Looking forward to the glorious Hempton next week; the jewel in the crown of the Eastern League (though in reality a series of old sand pits).
  • For those that haven't ridden Hempton and to wet your appetite for next weekend.

• This is a great film and does indeed give a good impression of the race - good find Jeremy!
  • I thought the caption of Extreme over me was a comment on my riding, but having seen Stuarts photos I suspect its more to do with my face...