Welcome to the forum

CCA Youth Reps

Please see the email that was sent out to all youth members yesterday - just incase you didn't recieve it and you're not on Facebook.......

As you may or may not know our club is completing its Go Ride Clubmark status and in order to fulfil this we need to enlist a Youth Representative. It's something we have discussed having for a while so it's the perfect time to start.

A few weeks ago we invited youth riders (u14 and older) to nominate themselves if they felt they had the right attributes for this rewarding role. The main thing is for them is to be a voice for the entire youth team, so they need to be approachable to all riders. They should be confident in talking to others and not be afraid to liaise with myself and the rest of the committee. They should be organised and a good motivator.

Ideally we wanted one female rep and one male rep. We only had the one female put herself forward, however the committee felt she was a perfect choice and this was Harley Pell - well done Harley.

We had 2 CCA male members put themselves forward these were Archie Foulkes and Adam Lightfoot, this means the youth will need to vote for who they think would represent their thoughts and feelings and relay those onto the committee the best. To help our youth members make a decision each one has done a small manifesto, detailing a bit about themselves and also what they think they could bring to the role of Youth Representative.

Archie Foulkes

My name is Archie, I am thirteen and have been cycling since I was 3 years old. I've been in CCA since I was 9 years old and I love it. I regularly compete in cyclocross and track. My favourite is cyclocross. I'd like to be the Youth rep because I care about the club and it would be nice if the youth and adult parts of the club were more connected. I think I would be a good person to do it because I know a lot of the youth section from racing and also by helping my mum (Lindsey) at coaching nights. I also know a lot of adults in the club through cyclocross and because I have started going out on club runs.
I like having fun and I hope people think that I am easy to talk to. Although I don't take life too seriously, I do take cycling seriously. I'd love the chance to be the youth rep and make sure that all the kids get the most out of CCA and have fun.

Archie
---------------------------------------------------------
Adam Lightfoot

I would be very keen to become one of the clubs' new youth representatives. I have been a member of CCA since 2012, and in that time, have regularly attended training sessions, as well as competing at national level countless times. Over the summer, I volunteered at the club, coaching and co-ordinating sessions for younger riders. In addition to this, I have attended a comprehensive British Cycling young volunteers session, which gave me a valuable insight into how cycling clubs are organised.

I have good listening and organisational skills. I am also enthusiastic in helping others, and would be interested in engaging in club meetings and effectively communicating my, and other members' viewpoints and opinions. This would be to ensure the club maintains a safe and enjoyable environment for all youth members to develop skills and participate in good, well - coached sessions.

Many thanks

Adam Lightfoot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would invite all YOUTH members (not parents) to vote for the person they would like to be their youth rep.

Votes should be written on a piece of paper and placed into a sealed envelope. They need to be handed to me or another coach on either Wednesday or Thursday evening of this week. Any vote not given in this way will not be counted.

I will continue to be a contact for parents, not the newly elected youth reps. If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Happy voting!!!

Sallie Bracewell

Comments

• As one of the instigators of the club and youth cycling I congratulate Sallie and these three young riders on their commitment to the club. The youth are well represented and know that you will do a good job for your fellow riders. I am very proud of the clubs development and all the hard work coaches and parents have put in to make it become the club it now is. Happy cycling and vote well.
  • Firstly, I would like to thank the 3 youth members who put themselves forward to be our new Youth Representatives. Archie Foulkes, Adam Lightfoot and Harley Pell.

Secondly, I would like to thank all youth members who took the time to vote, the response was quite overwhelming and I never expected so many.

The results are now in and have been approved by the committee:

Harley Pell is our female Youth Representative. She was our only candidate which is why we didn't ask for votes.

Adam Lightfoot is our new male Youth Representative after gaining a slight majority.

Archie will continue with his fantastic support of our club with all of his help and assistance at races and Go Ride events, which is always appreciated, probably more than he thinks! I would also like Archie get more involved and we will be looking into options for the future.

This is a great step for our youth section and I'm really looking forward to hearing all of the new ideas and working with Harley and Adam.

Thanks again

Sallie