Welcome to the forum

Club Run review - Sunday 7th Feb

edited February 2010 in Club runs
I was with Bob's group for a bit. 14 heading for a 35 mile-ish Two Bridges run by the looks of things.

How did the middle group get on?

Comments

• I was in the nastyish group, opted to do an extra bit with Traineronabike. My legs are ruined today...got a bollocking from my coach for exceeding 125bpm most of the time ;)
  • martin
    bit of a brutal ride for the my fist middle group ride since before christmas finished on 76 miles no ave speed on my computer just error reading i thought it was quick.
    just three or four made it back to the start point but all in all a good ride see you all next week,going out tonight with a mate from work starting up weston hill if my legs will get to the top,all the best.
    strappy.
  • nice to see some good sensible Winter steady miles riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...what's up with you guys???...what's wrong with doing a steady pace 17's during the Winter...even the nasties need a break surely!!!!
  • Er...it was steady winter miles. I did 59 miles at 17.2. First half was lumpy which hurt a bit but otherwise was a fine winter steady ride. Nothing wrong with it.
  • sounds fine Tim..so what ride was mark C on then..saw him in 3tuns for coffee and said was 20_ and burnt him off after 20 miles!!!!!!!.....was there another one then??
  • geoff
    must be mine and mark's lack of fitness that made it feel fast,to many weeks of the bike & two or three steady club runs in my case.
    have to go with tim's ave mph as mine was on the blink.still was a good ride.
    strappy
  • Having done an extra loop early with Martin L and headed off with the middle group, I bonked in spectacular fashion at about 70 miles and fell off the back. Probably should have eaten. Anyway, jolly good ride up until then, and was only 10 miles from home, so able to limp pathetically back.

Cheers all.
  • Sounds a good one, shame I couldn't make it. I got up Sunday morning, paddled through the hall and followed the flow through to the washing machine ! So spent Sunday morn mopping up and trying to repair the xxxxxx thing. Hope to be out next weekend.