Welcome to the forum

CCA virtual reality club ride on Zwift tonight

Got Zwift? Not already busy washing your hair tonight? How about making this the first ever CC Ashwell virtual reality club ride? :)

http://zwift.com/events/view/2803

It's 1.5 laps of the London 8 course which I think includes one ascent of Box Hill.

Join the ride when you log in to Zwift or through the Zwift mobile Link app.

Please add "(CC Ashwell)" to your account name so other club members can see you.

My lad James will be riding using my account Full Moo Cycling (CC Ashwell). Be ready on the warm-up turbos for a 6:45 p.m. start!

Mark F

Comments

• Good inititative but due to taxi duties won't be on till 9:15 or so - maybe next time
  • Once Zwift is on iOS/iPad I'll likely be using it a fair bit, so will be up for this kind of thing in the future. Eta on iOS in the next few weeks apparently. Woot
  • Just a thought... how about a Zwift demonstration at the December club night? Tues 6th Dec. I think there's a lot of curious people. Maybe it's possible to race some other CCA riders remotely? I've no idea.
  • I could probably do that Martin as long as there's a decent wireless internet connection available. I can also demo TrainerRoad and one or two other things. Leave it with me.

I'm also running a Zwift demo on Friday night this week at Bicicletta cafe in Saffron Walden as part of their charity fundraising night, incidentally.

Mark F
  • Cheers Mark. There is decent wifi at the Tuns. But seem to notice it's a bit rubbish in the back room. Perhaps we can command the front area if we ask nicely? It all sounds fascinating. Can we somehow test the bandwidth before?

Also, we may be able to get Mark W to do a very useful talk on touring too. Now is the time people are planning those long multi-stop rides for next summer and so on. Sure to be full of top tips. We will confirm this talk soon.
  • edited November 2016
  • If you can't get to the club night on Tuesday but still fancy a spin on Zwift then drop in at my demo on Friday evening at Bicicletta cafe in Saffron Walden.

I'll have an adult size bike to ride but if you're a smaller youth rider feel free to bring your own bike and I'll put it on the turbo for you.

I'll be running the yet-to-be-released iOS version of Zwift on an iPad - i.e. a PC is no longer required.

So eat lots of cakes, then do a few maximum efforts on the turbo, and let's see how that works out... :)

See here for details.

Mark F