Welcome to the forum

CX World Cup Koksijde

As most will have heard by now this was cancelled due very high winds and the danger of tree debris falling on to the course.

Unfortunately 12 of us had travelled over to see this after a great deal of planning by Mark W. This involved for many of us a mad dash back from Redgrave CX after racing, a super quick clean up and repack, and squeezing 12 people and their luggage into 2 cars for the drive to the tunnel. We made it to Calais for about 9.30 with no problems.

An early start on Sunday with fresh pastries (A whole loaf of bread for Daniel with sugar lumps on top) to fuel us and the short journey to the event got us there in time for the first race. It was so windy we could barely open the car doors or stand to get changed into our wet weather gear. Not a good sign.

Shortly after getting in they announced the first race would not run and within the hour they had called it all of. This was particularly disappointing for all of us and the many Eastern riders who had travelled over. There was also a number who were going to pop in after being at Ghent as well. Disappointing but ultimately the correct decision.
The icing on the cake for us was having to wait over 6 hours at the Eurotunnel terminal before we could cross back.

The day was not a complete loss though as we met the mighty Sven Nys.

Daniel chatting to Sven about racing at CCA CX race next year.

Sven asking Noah if Daniel was serious

Sven being interviewed by Belgian TV if he was going to take up the race offer?

Group photo

Jackie getting the autograph - still not sure which way it goes up????

Unfortunately Daniel was in this when it went over - nasty

Comments

• edited November 2016
    I have checked with my lawyers and it matters not whether the signature is upside down or not but that the contract to attend the 2017 CCA CX presentation was infact signed by the individual in question.
    I understand Sven mentioned it on his Belgian TV interview...
  • Which ones Sven, is it the beardy bloke?