Welcome to the forum

Rapha Festive 500

The festive 500 is a challenge set out by Rapha + Strava to ride 500km between Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, I failed last year when my knee gave out on Boxing day (ho ho) but would love another crack this year and any company would be great. Not sure when I'll be here or visiting relatives but was thinking of a big day out on Christmas Eve at a minimum to get off to a good start weather permitting, any takers?

Comments

• Hi Chris,
    If the weather were OK, what kind of start time, distance and pace were you thinking of? Robbie's Festive 50 also looks tempting!
    Andy
  • Weather dependent, if it looks like its not going to be terrible, probably in the region of 80-100 miles on Christmas eve, I can go out by myself and meet people after a loop etc. Steady speed, probably 16-17 average with a café stop as long as we can find somewhere open!
  • Could we turn things round and you start off with the Festive 50 group - see Robbie's post - and then you could continue after those who want to finish whenever and those who want to continue for longer do so? Just a thought to keep it social :-)
  • Yeah probably a much better way of doing it to be honest!